compress Which other games are you playing now?

More
8 years 11 months ago #19435 by Chessking
I agree that the characters in Inca II act and sound a little funny. Also, the fact that you play as an Incan (Indian, as columbus dubbed them), flying spaceships, is amusing. One of the things that I noticed when I first played was the graphics. At the time, I didn't know DOS was capable of textures like that. Probably one reason that I have played the game is because I have it on disk. It was my dad's when he was young, but he had a newer computer and couldn't play it. The other DOS games I have played are IndyCar Racing, Oregon Trail, and a new one I have called SimAnt. All of these have worse graphics than Inca II.

SimAnt is another "game I am playing now". Every summer, I get "ant fever". I usually end up playing ant games on graph paper, but SimAnt has a thourough representation of ant life. I hope to make a game on Khan Academy about ants, incorporating many of the AI controlling abilities of SimAnt, but adding much more. Here's a video of the game:

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19473 by RichardSkinner
Im looking forward to that no mans sky for ps4, that should be fun

total annihilation is also a classic. at one time tied my vote with EOC for best game ever

could you imagine if EOC was an MMORPG like eve? but instead of levels and dps and all that garbage it was based on peoples piloting skills and mastering of physics?

the stations and asteroid bases could be the POS's and people would form up fleets to try and dominate the cluster

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 10 months ago #19491 by RichardSkinner
I followed this for a while, I think its a dead project but I loved how it was looking.

I think there is a fine line between having too much and too little UI. I wish EOC had some UI options because at times it felt like you were shooting at red and blue X's and O's rather then cool looking star ships

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 10 months ago #19494 by Chessking
Neat soundtrack!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 10 months ago #19554 by schmatzler
Now this one's a little different - a while ago, the guys on the YouTube channel Funhaus played a game called:

Yandere Simulator

I don't know why, but it's just fun. You play a little girl, you go to school, you like your Senpai and...you kill all of the others. Don't get caught by the police and make sure to remove all traces! :evil:

The game obviously isn't finished yet. You can only enter one room at school, walk through walls etc. but I like it even in this state.

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 9 months ago #19701 by RichardSkinner
well I have cycles of productivity where I go form making games to playing games and right now I am slipping into playmode again and will probably be in it for several weeks. At least until my cousin comes down to help me with some of my code.

So in the meantime I downloaded that Witcher 3 Wild Hunt game for PS4, and I must say its pretty good. exactly the kind of game I have been craving so far. It took the good things from Farcry, Dying light, and KOTOR and put them into one game so it should have my attention for a while. (Farcry and Dying light I haven't finished yet because you get to a certain point where there's just not a lot of new things happening.)

Anywho. that's why I haven't been posting a lot lately lol

The Priceline Negotiator