file What do you DISLIKE about I-War2?

More
8 years 11 months ago #19465 by Chessking
I was just doing an Instant Action n the Storm Petrel. My score was 16,550. 63 kills. 3 Destroyers, 1 Cruiser, and 1 Carrier. There was another Cruiser that was destroyed, but I didn't fire the last shots, and I didn't get credit. At the end, there were two Nova class cruisers on the field, from two adjacent waves. One of them finally shot me down. My shot accuracy was 41%. In the second to last wave, three capital ships were spawned. I don't think I have gotten this far in the Heavy Corvette.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19466 by schmatzler
And what do you dislike about that? ;)

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19467 by Chessking
Just that you lose the Storm Petrel in the game, with the Storm Petrel being the best looking, and extremely capable for its small size and light armaments.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19469 by schmatzler
One of the old devs in the GOG forum said, that the Storm Petrel was way too powerful and that may have been one of the reasons why they ditched it.

It's a shame we won't even get it back after doing all the missions, though.

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19470 by Chessking
When I first completed act 0, I thought I was going to chase after Maas and get my Storm Petrel back. Apparently not. Anyways, my goal for becoming a "professional Storm Petrel pilot" is to destroy a Nova Cruiser in Instant Action. I think I've done it before, primarily through system damage, but I have not recently.

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19472 by RichardSkinner
yea I used the mod to bring it back after act 0. I reduced its hitpoints to make it less OP, it had 2000! more then the patcom I think, I knocked it down to 800 lol. made me feel more like an xwing.

The advanced patcom was pretty good but the heavy corvette was too slow I would get killed constantly with the elite stuff turned on.

sorry this is turning into a storm petrel discussion

im listening to the soundtrack right now too. its so chill

while playing instant action my favorite view was the camera behind with no hud (f4 I think was the shortcut). I loved flying through the fork of the nova cruiser at high speed :D

The Priceline Negotiator