autopilot kills me

More
8 years 11 months ago #19420 by JohnnyK
autopilot kills me was created by JohnnyK
Hi guys,

I have a big problem at the beginning of act 2....
since I have the hyper engine I'm always dying during a flight using the autopilot....
the autopilot still flights from one L-Point to another.... but on the way from the basis to the first L-Point the autopilot flies to a star, tries to divert the star and decrease speed. In that moment the ship is too close to the star so its heats me up until I die!
Sometimes I try another way and get it to the L-Point.... after some bloody hours of flight I'm in the near of the brotherhood arch and have to fly this short way from the L-point to the arch... but there is a little fu***** star in the middle that skills me too. I have tried it so many times and i loose my motivation to try it again and again... what is the problem? is it my mistake? What can I do?!

Thanks for your answers....

sorry for the wrong and strange grammar.... Its not my native language.... :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19421 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic autopilot kills me
Which mission is this? In the objectives screen, the game will tell you the name of the mission. This information will allow us to more thoroughly investigate the problem. Also, make sure your using autopilot approach, using other autopilots in LDS might possibly mess the game up, although I have not witnessed it.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19423 by JohnnyK
Replied by JohnnyK on topic autopilot kills me
Its the mission "Badlands" and i have no specific destiny. I use the autopilot approach only until i reach a station.
Is it wrong to use the navigation to the coyote system after leaving the basis? I've tried this and the navigation from a L-Point near the basis. In both cases I died...

in act one i flew from the basis to alexander or blackeye without any problem. If I do the same now I will always blow up by the star...

More
8 years 11 months ago #19424 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic autopilot kills me
Badlands is the name of the Act, but I think the mission is where you have to find help around the cluster. It is possible to manually fly to an L-point, so that may help. Other things to try are downloading the appropriate save from the saves section of the Independence War 2 downloads section (make sure to have a backup of your existing saves), and to reinstall the game (again, make sure you have a backup of existing saves, mods, and custom config files).

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19428 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic autopilot kills me
I never had this problem at all - I've never died because of the autopilot, that's what it's for after all.

Are you playing this on new windows versions or do you have a non-mainstream antivirus maybe?

When digging through the GOG forums I came to the conclusion that various security software like DEP on Windows or some antiviruses can prevent the I-War games from running properly. They just block some of the code by default and we end up with things like the well-known empty-menu bug and so on.

I'm sure that could also wreak havoc on some of the calculations ingame. Maybe try running it in compatibility mode for XP, disable the DEP and your antivirus. There are instructions in the help section here.

If it's not that, I'm out of ideas.

Space. The final frontier.