GOG Sale

More
8 years 7 months ago #19861 by Green Steel
GOG Sale was created by Green Steel
Just noticed that both games are in the weekend sale on GOG.com , 70% off makes them $1.79 (USD) each. Great bargain if you don't have either of them or want a digital download.

Couple of points to bear in mind I-war 1 looks a lot better with a 3Dfx wrapper, see the faq from this site here for more details.

I-war 2 has a few bugs so check the patches and workarounds. The game won't boot at all if it doesn't detect an optical disk drive but this can be easily worked around by mounting an ISO image if you don't have a DVD drive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #19863 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic GOG Sale
Nice to know and welcome to the forums, Green Steel! :P

Little late for a news article, though :P

Green Steel wrote: The game won't boot at all if it doesn't detect an optical disk drive but this can be easily worked around by mounting an ISO image if you don't have a DVD drive.

Yes, all editions of I-War 2 have this bug, we've covered all possible bugs in our Technical FAQ section here.

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 7 months ago #19864 by Green Steel
Replied by Green Steel on topic GOG Sale
Thanks schmatzler,

I've been lurking around for a while. Before you brought the site back from undeath I used to use googles cache to try to read forum topics since I couldn't sign up and read them directly, I had to change the post number in the url and go through each topic 1 by 1 (couldn't see the index either, fun times).

I haven't posted before as I didn't have anything much to say but will try to be more active (I work 2 jobs and have a 15 month old son so not much time).

I know all versions behave that way, just thought I would give a heads up incase someone thought sweet I can get a digital copy for my netbook with no drive etc. I meant to direct people to your technical faq and your patches section but seem to have deleted part of the line whilst typing oops.

As for the news article well there are still 54 hours to go of the promo so might be worth it?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #19865 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic GOG Sale

Green Steel wrote: As for the news article well there are still 54 hours to go of the promo so might be worth it?

All right, I made a quick'n'dirty article for it! ;-)

Yeah, the old forum was a mess. I'm so glad that I was able to get rid of the buggy thing.

Edit: Now I noticed that I-War is categorized as a simulation, but I-War 2 is a shooter. Really, GOG? :D

Space. The final frontier.