Mission 10 - killed before docking to alien device

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #19866 by Nexus133
Decided to get back into IW2, and downloaded some of the standard mods, and also decided to try out Unleashed. It's pretty good, but definitely makes some missions tougher.

For the mission I'm stuck on however, Mission 10 - Lucrecia's Horde, I've tried it with Mod on, and off, and I still can't successfully retrieve the Alien Device, as the ANGEL station turns hostile and destroys me with Gatling guns.

The course of events is :
  1. Launch from Hideout
  2. Cut Scene with NSO cruiser, and hostages
  3. Arrive at Angel Station with Ice Asteroid
  4. Approach asteroid, which blows up normally (( I've been able to put the asteroid between myself and the station, which protects me for a while))
  5. Alien Device is released, along with friendly fighters that go target the NSO cruiser.

So now I'm sitting behind the asteroid, and every single time I try to get to the Device, I'm blown up when I try docking to it.

Things I've tried:
Full power to shields when docking.
Approaching ANGEL station with minimal damage and sitting up close to it, hitting it with Mining Lasers. Station takes Damage, but slowly, and I can't imagine this is the solution.
Being as quick as possible when station is targeting friendly Fighters.. still no luck there.

Am I missing something here?? How is this completable??

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #19867 by Nexus133
well - I did see a video on youtube, where they didn't have any problem, so I'm pretty sure It might be a mod affecting the faction attitude.

However, I was able to keep some speed up while the asteroid exploded, and that bought me some time to actually dock, and I was able to get away at about 2% shield.

More
8 years 7 months ago #19870 by Chessking
That was close. :ohmy: I don't remember having any problems with this mission either, but I'm glad you got through it. Just wait till Dante's Inferno... I was stuck on that one for a while.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel