file Server Online

More
20 years 2 months ago #17896 by Tarcoon
Server Online was created by Tarcoon
Server Online:
Germany - Monday - 040112 - 1930 ForumTime - EpicOnlineF

There is no safe distance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8379 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Server Online
Server Offline !!

Probs with Connection

Sorry

More
20 years 2 months ago #8381 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Server Online
I would have joined, but it's probably better you're not online now, since my old PC with EOC on it is running on my little 17' monitor. (I plan to use it as a standalone dedicated MP server soon)

I just set up my new XP-Machine yesterday and haven't got EOC installed on it yet.

btw, Tarcoon, I'm thinking of settin up a seperate User account on XP specially for EOC because of the "." and "," issue on the Mainland European version of XP. Did you try that when you were having issues with MP?

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8398 by Tarcoon
Good idea - but I have no problems with the "." and "," settings for EoC. I leave these settings all the time.
(Hhm - and have/had some trouble while booting... ?)

The MP-problems may be caused in my mods folder handling.
I rename the folder depending on the game I want to play.
The folders are called xxx-mods and yyy-mods and so on and I activate a folder per deleting the xxx- from its name. The game is able to handle this, but I'm not sure if it works with MP.
The game crashed back to desktop everytime I've tried to start a server.

I thought about creating more maindirectories - maybe a better solution to switch between different settings.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8400 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Server Online

Originally posted by Tarcoon

The MP-problems may be caused in my mods folder handling.
I rename the folder depending on the game I want to play.
The folders are called xxx-mods and yyy-mods and so on and I activate a folder per deleting the xxx- from its name. The game is able to handle this, but I'm not sure if it works with MP.
The game crashed back to desktop everytime I've tried to start a server.

MP only needs the folder EpicOnlb in your main directory. MP will run even if you don't have the cargo handling mods in your current mods folder (you just can't select trade cargo or return trades to your SP game if they aren't activated). Switching names on the mods folder has no effect, I use that method too.
Must be something else?

I thought about creating more maindirectories - maybe a better solution to switch between different settings.

I've tried that on Win98 and ME. I could install to another directory, but couldn't patch that install. The Patch installer said it's already patched. Might work on XP though ?

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8424 by Tarcoon
What about patching the maindirectory and simple copy it a few times , rename them after installing the different mods and switch between them?

By the way, I'm not able to host a server anymore - the game crashes all the time.
It's a good reason to reinstall the game and try that copy-stuff.

Having a seperate user for EoC may be useful too.