exclamation-circle Edge Of Chaos Online

More
8 years 8 months ago #19797 by Chessking
I have been trying to sign up for Edge Of Chaos Online, but the password isn't sent to me. I believe this is because the page eoc.dialin.co.uk/menu.css is down.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #19798 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Edge Of Chaos Online
I didn't get an e-mail, too. I don't think it has something to do with CSS, since that's just a styling language.

Maybe the guys who host this forgot to set up their mailserver which makes the whole game useless.

I'll try to find out who's hosting the game and contact them.

Edit:

According to the WHOIS database, dialin.co.uk belongs to www.flipsidegroup.com/ - will contact them.

Edit #2: But it may very well be that Flipside is just the hoster, because they also have flipsidedata where they sell servers and hosting.

I will also try to contact www.thevisionstudios.com/

Space. The final frontier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chessking

More
8 years 8 months ago #19799 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Edge Of Chaos Online
Thanks!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 8 months ago #19800 by schmatzler
Someone from flipsidedata promised to look into it. :) That was faster than I expected.

More
8 years 8 months ago #19801 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic Edge Of Chaos Online
What is this anyway? Did someone copy your server script and decide to run an EoC server? Just asking.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #19802 by schmatzler
No, EoC Online is a browser game. They put it out as advertisement prior to the release of Edge of Chaos. So it's reeeeaaally old.

To be honest, I'm very surprised that this even survived over all these years. Someone at flipside must be an I-War fan. :)

Update from flipside:

Hi Ronny, I think this may have been incorrect SPF records for the dialin.co.uk domain (it is only used for legacy stuff now). Please try again.

It didn't work a minute ago, but it may take time for the DNS to go around the world. Will try it later.