Model editing possible ?

More
14 years 7 months ago #16950 by NucNuc
Replied by NucNuc on topic Model editing possible ?
Thanks for the tipps and help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16952 by NucNuc
Just something for information (if anybody else shoud try something similar like me) :

-You can change a pylon_mount into a turret or any other weapon mount.
-You can not change a turret_mount or cargo_dockport into a pylon_mount.
-You can not change a cargo_dockport into a turret_mount.

It seems, that a pylon or turret_mount has some special properties, that are defined in the lightwave files.

SAD![:(]

So there seems no way around this damn expensive modeling-program lightwave.[xx(]

More
14 years 7 months ago #16953 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Model editing possible ?
You can still just edit the lws files by hand. Also, I am not aware of any special flux specific properties stored in the lws files. There may be something else at work here. That being said, I haven't ever fiddled with the turret_mounts and pylon_mounts much as in US we use our own custom mountpoints.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16954 by NucNuc
Thanks a lot, cambragol.
(Didn't know why, but somehow I didn't dare to open a holy lws. file with a simple text editor.)
Is there somewhere a tutorial around, that explains also all the other options of editing the lws.setup file ? <font size="1">(I don't want to annoy you about every whee tishtosh I stumble across, if there is already a decent tutorial around.)</font id="size1">

i.e.:
The difference between

AddNullObject pylon1
ShowObject 4 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
-19.7 0 0.25 -90 0 -90 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ShadowOptions 7

AddNullObject pylon1
ShowObject 5 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
-19.7 0 0.25 -90 0 -90 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ShadowOptions 7

on the files of the fast_attack and the tug setup.

Or,what means EndBehavior 1 ?

I also came around LockedChannels 5 in another mod.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16955 by aceattacker
There's some basic information about modding and modelling available at www.i-war2.com/modder.htm . But as far your specific question. I know as much as you know. Never tried tinkering with the lws files before.

In between life and death, there is only one dream to care for.

In between life and death, there is only one dream to care for.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16958 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Model editing possible ?
I cannot tell you what those entries do (EndBehavior and LockedChannels and ShowObject). I too have noticed them all over the place in different arrangements, values, etc. What I can tell you is that I have NEVER needed to pay any attention to them, as they don't seem to affect flux in any noticable manner. They are most likely entries that are only used by Lightwave. That being said, excluding them from the lws file might cause issues...

I don't mind trying to answer some of your questions. Not at all! I understand that sometimes it is just easier to ask. However, SecondChance and a few other contributers to this forum have posted some EXCELLENT data on all these issues. In particular, I beleive there is one that dissects every aspect of the lws file. Check around for sure, as it will pay off.