A special request - Dreadnaught Corvette

More
14 years 7 months ago #19120 by aceattacker
Here's the situation - as we all know, the early game of Edge of Chaos is notoriously difficult, with a wall of granite and a minefield where a learning curve should be. I plan to alleviate this.

But first, I need help. I have zero experience with 3D modeling and I'm just not cut for doing that kind of stuff. What I need as advice and either work or a reference. I'm looking for a good quality 3D model of a Dreadnaught corvette with Cal's command section on it, and the Devastator corvette's pylons on the side. But before that, I need advice - would that even work? It is aesthetically acceptable, does that even fit size-wise?

Hoping for a quick reply,
Ace.

In between life and death, there is only one dream to care for.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16937 by cambragol
I made that exact model for Unstable Space. It is an original Dreadnaught, with Devastator pylons, and Cal's advanced comsec. It uses pieces from the games' models and assembles them into a working whole, along with some special tweaks.

I have all the models for I-war2 in lwo form, so can adjust and tweak them however I want. This is all thanks to Jasper's tireless work creating a convertor for pso files.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16940 by aceattacker
Isn't that a wonderful coincidence? Looks like I'm in your debt once again. Thanks cambragol and Jasper.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16941 by cambragol
Your free to pull it out of US after release. You can see some shots of it in action in the Unstable Space Preview Shots gallery at Torn-stars.com. It might actually be in the alpha release as well...

Also, looks like our minds think alike, as I would love a mod dedicated around the dreadnaught corvette. Still my Favourite ship in the I-war universe.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16942 by aceattacker
I'll be sure to do that, thanks again. I can't get the US alpha installer to work right now, and I've got a few other things to take care of first.

Just don't forget this project isn't about the Dread alone - it'll be a nice icing on the cake though. I've already thought up a little plot - if I can get mission making to work out, I might include a whole sidestory on getting your hands on a Dreadnaught.

Hell of a ship... everything had a purpose there, no fancy ornaments, just stuff that works. That's an engineerical beauty by itself.