question-circle Which OS are you using?

More
8 years 4 months ago #20003 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic Which OS are you using?
I can only agree to that. IronDuke, the only article I could show you right away is in German, so that would be of little use for you. However, unless your brother means that Windows 10 offers privacy through the use of a spykiller software, he is clearly mistaken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #20004 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Which OS are you using?

If they "took it all out" there would be no network traffic after turning all of the features off.

A very good point.

IronDuke, the only article I could show you right away is in German, so that would be of little use for you.

I believe IronDuke has mentioned before knowing a little German. in addition, I have started learning German. I'd like to see it even to just see how well I can understand it.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 4 months ago #20006 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Which OS are you using?

schmatzler wrote:

IronDuke wrote: I asked my brother about it (he's a tech wiz) and he says that Microsoft took it all out.

That is absolutely not true. Microsoft is still doing a lot of stuff, like tracking your location by default or sending your contacts all to the cloud if you want to use Cortana.

One of the most criticized features is WiFi Sense, which shares your Wi-Fi password with all of your contacts (thus, uploading it to the cloud - very secure).

The default settings send a lot of your data to Cortana. I can understand why, but I don't want Cortana to know what I'm searching for or who the people I know are.

Even if you turn off all the privacy related settings you can find, there are still connections to various domains from Microsoft being made. Do you really know what they're transferring there?

If they "took it all out" there would be no network traffic after turning all of the features off.

Rubbing-in-face initialized... stand by for indignant reply from elder brother...

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #20007 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Which OS are you using?
Standing by...

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel