"Starfighter Inc." Kickstarter

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19647 by schmatzler
There is a new space shooter coming up! And this one will get "real Newtonian physics"! That's what they say in the trailer ;-)

From the description:

We love space shooters.

We all played the hell out of X-Wing, Wing Commander, and that entire generation of amazing space combat games. That’s why we’re so excited to be creating the next game in that rich lineage: STARFIGHTER INC., a hardcore team-based PvP multiplayer space shooter in the vein of X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter.

We want to recapture the intensity and excitement of those games and provide a fresh experience via modern graphics, new gameplay, and awesome gear derived from the science of today and tomorrow.

I've never played the Wing Commander series, since I'm a bit too young for that, but it still excites me to see another game going the "I-War" way of things.

Here's the Kickstarter:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/impellerstudios/starfighter-inc/

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19661 by 7upMan
Bah, Multiplayer again. I always get the feeling that they are just too laze to build a proper Singleplayer game, all with decent AI, assets, a background story and voice acting. It's the same thing as with the new Descent Kickstarter thingy, all MP arena crap and nothing more. And this Starfighter seems to be the same in space. Nah, I'd rather put my hopes into the games Ironduke, Chessking and Richard are making. ;-)

More
8 years 11 months ago #19670 by RichardSkinner
Thanks creepy cappuccino man! your hopes will be stored in a jar until they are needed. I'm sure I will run into many walls between now and when I crack the code of infinite space.

I always thought multiplayer mixed in with single player would be intriguing. Like having other player traffic flying around the Badlands in a social way not like a fighting ruin your day sort of way. but its hard to get people to be nice

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 11 months ago #19672 by Chessking
A game called "Eternal Silence" was mentioned a while back. I got it, but it is only multiplayer also. They have two tutorials with very basic NPC's, but that's all.

On my 2-D game, I think making AI will be simple in nature and fun.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19676 by schmatzler

7upMan wrote: Bah, Multiplayer again. I always get the feeling that they are just too laze to build a proper Singleplayer game

No, that's not true! They will build one, they just have to raise the 17mil! :lol:

I know, it most likely won't happen. But why is Singleplayer getting more and more into the background? Is it just because of the general lazyness of developers?

I don't think so. There is a bigger market for kids that want to battle online - you can do micro-transactions easily and force them to pay more stuff to win over their opponents.

You can't sell that easy for a Singleplayer game - people will just quit that and never come back. But to win against real human beings...that always works. It's the shit that EA does all the time.

Space. The final frontier.
Attachments:

More
8 years 10 months ago #19684 by IronDuke

7upMan wrote: I'd rather put my hopes into the games Ironduke, Chessking and Richard are making. ;-)

Thanks for the confidence, and say hi to your coffee for me. That is one evil espresso.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)