heart Syfy's new series: Dark Matter

More
8 years 9 months ago #19744 by schmatzler
It has been a long time but SyFy has made an actual Science Fiction series again. After all these years with no space opera at all they bundled with the executive producer of Stargate SG-1 and made Dark Matter:

The six-person crew of a derelict spaceship awakens from stasis in the farthest reaches of space. Their memories wiped clean, they have no recollection of who they are or how they got on board. The only clue to their identities is a cargo bay full of weaponry and a destination: a remote mining colony that is about to become a war zone. With no idea whose side they are on, they face a deadly decision. Will these amnesiacs turn their backs on history, or will their pasts catch up with them?

I really like it so far, after watching the first episode. The characters are believable, the acting is good, they have an android that reminds me of Seven of Nine and it looks like they took the idea of Stargate Universe (most of the time, they are running around on the ship) and turned it into something good with an actual plot.

There also are a lot of familiar faces:

Roger Cross (the badass black guy from Continuum)
David Hewlett (the nerdy doctor from Stargate)
Conrad Pla (one of the doctors from ReGenesis)

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #19746 by 7upMan
I'll have a look at ep 1 in the next days and will tell how I liked it. But Defiance S03E01-02 will have a higher priority for sure. ;-P

More
6 years 6 months ago #20640 by tombombodil
Loving this Dark Matter series. Binge watch on Netflix

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #20641 by schmatzler
Sorry to make you sad, but...it has been canceled by Syfy a few days ago. So we will probably never get to see the last two seasons that were planned.

Although the writer of the series tries to find a new home, but lets be realistic: SciFi is a niche and most likely no one will pick it up.

josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/09/02/...ng-dark-matter-fans/

Space. The final frontier.

More
6 years 6 months ago #20642 by 7upMan
Aw man, this sucks. Thank you to bringing this to my attention. I hope for the best (this is my and my wife's favorite TV show), but I am happy that they could end the season with this big of a bang.