Mod Dev Version DL

More
19 years 10 months ago #18081 by MajorTom
Mod Dev Version DL was created by MajorTom
Well, I ummm.. uploaded it, but I dunno how to DL it without the FTP password, so we'll have to wait for Soup' to come by and tell us how you can get to it.

It's only 29 Mb packed but once you've unpacked it, you have 130 MB of a super cool mod!

Anyhow, It's really easy to install! It won't take you more than 30 secs. (after you've DLed it.)
You just double click one file and that is it!
No changing flux, no new keybinds, you don't even have to goof around in your mods folder or deinstall Elite or anything else.

Our new "Mr. Automagical Mod Installer Butler" does everything for you![^]

The only thing you'll need is a Loopback (so you can play it offline) which is very easy to set up if you follow these instructions:
mjrtom.bei.t-online.de/html/loop ... backs.html

Note: This is the 'Ultimate maxed out', unstreamlined, debug version for Worst Case testing. If you get any lag or have any other issues let me know. We do have room left over for streamlining but I want to do that where it's needed most. so your feedback is important.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10009 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Mod Dev Version DL
Oooh baby, I can't wait! :D

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10012 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Mod Dev Version DL

More
19 years 10 months ago #10013 by Second Chance
My system is already on a LAN, is that a problem or a benefit for this mod?

Do I need to install a Loopback adapter anyway?

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 10 months ago #10015 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Mod Dev Version DL
Thanks Soup' I just couldn't find the path last night. Maybe I was to tired.

Ok Guys, DL, it preferably directly to your main EOC directory,
unpack it there (you should then have a new folder named StarWarsA1 in your main directory.)
Open that folder check the readme (important info is less than a half page) the run the file to install it

Second Chance
SC, If you are on a LAN you won't need the loopback. (unless you don't want others on the Lan to join your game)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10046 by Second Chance
Umm, isn't the mod zip file supposed to have the StarWarsA1 folder as part of the directory structure? I had to make my own StarWarsA1 folder to unzip it into. And not knowing whether or not the mod needs to know what folder it's in, I was worried about making an unnoticed typo in the folder name. I think that folder needs to be included in the zip file structure.

Now the good part :D. AWSOME WORK MAN!!! When I looked at how many files were in that mod (over 700), I was like, "Wow, did he put a lot of work into this or what!". And the installation and activation went flawlessly (other than what I mentioned above). Great job, MajorTom! I had no problems whatsoever!

btw - That means that the XP batchfile works perfectly with Win2K Pro SP4. So you can include that under compatible systems. :)