file Is anyone still playing in 2018?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #19218 by Midgardsormr
I've got the X-55. I added up the controls a couple of days ago, and I think it came out to upward of 90 button and switch functions and 27 analog axes. And a little thumb-stick to replace the mouse. It's got more controls than a TARDIS.

I played EoC with a Logitech Extreme 3d stick, and it was just fine until it broke. Considering how much time I put into the game, I figured it was worthwhile to spend a lot on my upgrade. Even if ED, Star Citizen and No Man's Sky all turn out to be busts, I can still come back to I-War.

I think the thing I am missing most right now from EoC is the autopilot. I had to fly 74 light hours to get to a station yesterday, and I was so bored.

Bryan Ray
www.bryanray.name

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19219 by drkanukie
Yes!

Using x-box controller - free roam and unstable space also quick combat honing - much prefer the combat and physics to Elite Dangerous.

Well done for setting up a fansite btw. I have already downloaded a few things I also have a few things stashed on Google Drive for EoC.

Found this site trying to setup the x52 Pro.

--
on the edge of chaos

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #19220 by schmatzler
Welcome to the site, drkanukie! :)

I'm actually very surprised that so many people are still playing this series. Well, what can I say? It's damn good!

If you have any stuff that is not here yet, let me know.

I'm uploading some things that I found on archive.org at the moment. Some missions for I-War 1, controller profiles, patches and demos to make the website more complete.

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19223 by aladin
I just install it back, 2 months ago, and it's still ROCKS !
As hard as I remember, SO enjoyable :woohoo: .
I need to re-train, but FUN with difficult things to do !
Hope you give this game the time it needs, It's worth it and you won't regret it.
Kick some ASS up there !

Aladin

Ahead full ! Pas de quartiers !!!

More
9 years 3 months ago #19224 by jetski
Hi,

I Still play Independence War 2, and thanks to COG, managed to resurrect I-War 1 on Windows 7. I still think I-War 1 had the best UI. The I-War 2 universal cockpit was not nearly as immersive. BUT for me, the I-war 1 game is marred by the inability to map joystick axes. I have a nice set-up with a TM HOTAS Cougar and Saitek pedals,(I am into flight Sims) but I can only use 1 controller so getting rudder pedals is a problem. I haven't tried Torn Stars, as I haven't completed I-War 2 (not enough time, too many flight sims).

More
9 years 3 months ago #19225 by jetski
PS nothing yet has come close to the sim flight mechanics. the ability to have both assisted and unassisted flight modes with sim moments of inertia, mass, etc is awesome.