file Is anyone still playing in 2018?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #19205 by schmatzler
I want to know if I-War fans are still out there! Come on, guys - give me a life sign! :-)

I recently dug out my old copy of I-War 2: Edge of Chaos. I played it when I was way younger and gave up because of the hard learning curve. I also had no good controller.

Now I have a Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro and this game is amazing! :silly: I can feel it when I'm getting my arse kicked and the physics are very impressive for a game from the early 2000's.

I haven't finished it yet, so no spoilers please! :lol:

Space. The final frontier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19206 by antagonist
Eh, I pretty much stopped playing after I was stopped cold by the Dagda bug the last time I tried...

More
9 years 3 months ago #19207 by schmatzler
Oh no, I hope I don't get it :(

I'm still at Act 1 - couldn't play recently because I had to code this website :)

Good thing I'm running on XP with ancient hardware, just for this game. That should (hopefully) prevent strange crashes of the game.

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19208 by antagonist
It's a DirectX error IIRC...

I wouldn't hold my breath, sorry to say.

More
9 years 3 months ago #19209 by Midgardsormr
Interesting timing, considering Elite just released this week.

I played to about halfway through Act 2 last year, maybe the year before. Just far enough along to get access to most of the gear and have fun battling Marauders. Then I installed some Buda5 cruisers and picked some fights with Maas.

I was toying with the notion of reinstalling a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to build up reflexes that I'd have to unlearn for Elite. I did try to set that game up to have the same kind of roll + yaw that EoC has, but it didn't feel the same.

Bryan Ray
www.bryanray.name

More
9 years 3 months ago #19210 by Vanger
Yep, I do.

I've bought myself a X52 last year at last, and the game is even better with it.

Still strugglig with configuring additional POVs, though.