file Is anyone still playing in 2018?

More
9 years 3 months ago #19229 by Chessking
Yes! I started playing the game early this year I think. I am an upcoming architectural engineer and computer programmer, and am starting a 2-d version of the Independence War games on Khan Academy. Here is what I have so far. Comsec Ad Thank you so much for saving the site. Also, my copy of I-war 2 works perfectly so far on my Windows 8.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #19232 by schmatzler
I think your project is a cool idea, although you may get legal complications with it.

I believe the name "I-War" is protected and you also used at least one asset from the original game for Hoffers Wake. ;)

Nevertheless, I wish you good luck with it.

I'm very excited by the game! I just finished the time-critical mission where all the gunstars shut down from time to time and I have to disable them.

Afterwards, they all get destroyed - what the hell? So why did I even get them in the first place? :D This game is more unforgiving than Dark Souls! :D

And then I thought I will get a super-hardcore mission...no. I have to paint a ship. :D Great.

Space. The final frontier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chessking

More
9 years 3 months ago #19234 by greenhollow
I-WAR 2 has ALWAYS been on my HD ! !
STill play from timet of time
I wrote a PCsci-fi game fanzine some years ago and did a special issue
on UK games and particle systems
Working on space advanced concpets has becomemy job. I-War 2 has always
been a source of inspiration
I-war again and again and again and again ! !

I-WAR .... still & again

More
9 years 3 months ago #19235 by Firefrost 7
I played EOC a number of year ago and am still impressed with the gameplay and graphics and physics. As soon as I upgrade my laptop, it gets installed again!

More
9 years 2 months ago #19236 by cambragol
I still play!
Though, I only play various iterations of Unstable Space. I haven't played the original vanilla game since I started modding it a decade ago.
I actually play on OSX, using a wrapper. It works better than on windows (?!). I have a big monitor (30inch) and run it at 2560x1600 and it still looks great!

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #19238 by Chessking
Written in response to Schmatzler's previous post:

About these legal complications: I will keep the term I-War out of my titles and keep screenshots out of the final game. I plan to use screenshots to create a gallery so that people who use my program will know what the actual game looks like. I will give credit to Infogrames and Particle systems, and have links to this site. All I want from the program is to increase awareness of Independence War 2 and to develop and prove my own programming abilities. Does this sound good?
P.S. Good luck on your game.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel