Is anyone still playing in 2018?

More
9 years 2 months ago #19299 by danslb
Thanks for the tip about the damage and v-sync!! Yeah I am able to play games at work sometime. Great job right ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #19300 by Midgardsormr

7upMan wrote: I share exactly the same sentiments about Elite. I had cancelled my donation to Elite on Kickstarter back in the day because of how utterly bad and laze the campaign had started. To this day, I don't regret it. E:D is NOT the game I was looking for.

I had the opposite response. When I play EoC, I usually play the campaign right up to the point where I have access to the rest of the Badlands, and then I stop and just fly around doing my own thing. If I get bored I'll advance it to the point where all the Maas ships turn red and then stop again.

Elite's definitely got a way to go before it's a game, but it's shaping up to be just what I'm after. Of course, I'm the kind of person who will play the Traveller pen-and-paper RPG ( www.farfuture.net ) solo. So sandboxes are right up my alley.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #20586 by schmatzler

schmatzler wrote: I have a SideWinder Force Feedback Pro and I thought, I would never need any more buttons :silly:

I was finally able to get this beast working again by soldering a USB to Gameport adapter, especially made for the FF Pro. Hooray! B)

Now I just need to find a case for this thing.

Space. The final frontier.
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #20587 by 7upMan
Just use a 3D printer, and you're done. ^^

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #20588 by schmatzler
If you buy one for me, I'll sure do! :D

Space. The final frontier.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #20589 by 7upMan
Funny thing: Just today I found an offer for a cheap but apparently very good 3D printer: hobbyking.com/de_de/malyan-metal-3d-printer-m200-2.html

However, apparently it's out of stock on this website (but still available over Alibaba), and I found one review that states it's good. I asked the German c't magazine if they can review it. If they do that and the printer turns out to be good, it will be mine, as 200 € is what I'm ready to shell for such a thing.