Is anyone still playing in 2018?

More
6 years 11 months ago #20590 by IronyMan
Hoy, Hackaday reviewed a printer that I think is essentially the same but for the logo on it. hackaday.com/2016/06/13/review-monoprice...ect-mini-3d-printer/ Is that the one you already saw?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention; I may have to get one. Been looking for a cheap printer for a while.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #20592 by 7upMan
As the user billbradford says ( hackaday.com/2016/06/13/review-monoprice...ter/#comment-3054326 ): The printer is actually made by Malyan. Apparently, what you linked to is either a re-brand or a copy. But hey, that's the beauty of Chinese products: Once one manufacturer gets something right, others will surely step in and copy his work down to the last bolt. ;-)

Link to Malyan: malyansys.com/en/product/m200/

I just noticed: The original Malyan printer has two fans, while the Infitary/Monoprice only has one. But this is only according to their website, Hobbyking.com sells the Malyan M200 (with four different power plugs, US, UK, EU, and AU) with only one fan. Strange. Then again, despite the issues named in the article, it's still a very interesting product. And Christmas nine months from now... ;-)

More
6 years 6 days ago #20668 by n2gtarz
yep just started again a month ago! loved it the first time and still love it! best space flight game ever!

More
6 years 6 days ago #20669 by Sarxis
Yeah I was thinking about loading it up again just to take a look once more. I have an old savegame archived with a ton of money and goodies and the game pretty much beat.

Free-Fly Mode!!

More
6 years 5 days ago #20670 by schmatzler
I'm also still playing in 2018.

I recently built myself a retro PC, mostly from spare parts I found in the trash.
Pentium 3 1.4GHz, Windows 98SE, GeForce 4 Ti4800, 1.5GB memory. :)

It's fun to play the game as it was intended. At 1024x768, with a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Maybe it's the skill I've acquired over the years, but the game seems to play much easier.

I can't exactly pin down why.
Maybe the hit detection works better or there are less bugs in general. Or it's just my imagination.

Still haven't finished the game, though. It still takes ages to travel to destinations and the game can be very unforgiving sometimes. Dying and having to do a whole mission again for half an hour sure isn't the best part of I-War 2. ;)

Space. The final frontier.

More
6 years 5 days ago #20671 by Chessking
I am still playing in 2018. Well, I-war 1 anyways. I just started on Defiance.

Dying and having to do a whole mission again for half an hour sure isn't the best part of I-War 2.

In Defiance, you can load the game from a checkpoint when you die. It sure saves a lot of time.

I have also been working on a retro machine. It is considerably worse than Schmatzler's and has difficulty with most 3D games. I wonder if it can run I-war 1...

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel