I-War 2 just got on Steam!

More
8 years 10 months ago #19732 by AdmiralZeratul
When I saw that I-War 2 was on Steam, I bought it immediately. Ever since I first played this game as a child, I've loved it. To see such a classic on my favorite digital game distribution platform was such a pleasant surprise! It also reminded me of this old site that I used to go to so often. I visited the site again, and it turns out that it has been given new life as well!

Simply put, words fail to describe my joy at all this.

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #20043 by schmatzler
It's on sale again! It was in autumn - they just did it for winter, too. :)

Space. The final frontier.

More
7 years 2 months ago #20507 by schmatzler
Sooo....the first game is on Steam since August 2016 and nobody told me? Goddammit!

store.steampowered.com/app/330590/

More
7 years 2 months ago #20508 by Chessking
Wow.

Some of the bugs seem familiar, from what I encountered with my disk version of Independence War. Does the Steam version come with 3dfx installed?

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 2 months ago #20509 by schmatzler
nGlide is in the directory of I-War, but it doesn't work. That's why one of the posts in the Steam forums suggests reinstalling nGlide on top of the old one to make it work.

That's really sloppy. Seems like they didn't test it at all. Also, in some parts of Steam the game image shows "Alone in the Dark". I made an article about it on the frontpage.

More
7 years 2 months ago #20510 by Chessking
Heh heh. I saw the article header on the frontpage, but didn't think to see if there was more to read.

So manually installing nGlide and following the procedures in FAQ should get things running properly.

However, if the game is indeed like my disk version, players may encounter a problem on the mission where you have to evacuate workers from a station that has been set to self destruct. Often times, when heading to the station, your wingman will never arrive at its destination, making it difficult to fend off the enemies. I have never beaten this mission on the disk version, and have not gotten that far on my GOG version to see if the bug persists, so I can't tell you more. It should be beatable even with the bug, but you will have to restart the level many times just to get your wingman's help, and many more to actually complete the objective.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel