Enhancement of Intelligence for Non-player Ships

More
8 years 1 week ago #20122 by IronDuke
Yes, I know, it's a stupid title. But I wanted to have the lousiest acronym I could, and EINS seems to work fine for that. Bet Schmatzler will like it...
So. I said I would make a mod to make the AI better pilots, and I'm going to do that now. As in, I'm going to do it as soon as I post this. I'll probably finish before anyone even reads this, since it's going to be a simple loop checking for AI not max, then a function call setting it to max, but whatever.
I figured I'd create a thread in order to call it to your attention, as well as receive feedback/death threats resulting from people using it.

Be aware, this mod will require Multimod. (Not like anyone doesn't have that one installed... :P )

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #20123 by IronDuke
Couldn't see no edit button, so I'm making a reply instead.
WOW I forgot how much harder Pog is than Unity's C#! It will take somewhat longer than I though to make the mod. Should be done by the end of the day unless chores bite me in the butt. Plenty of time for you all to notice. :)

--IronDuke

P.S. There is something inherently exciting about seeing all the functions in the Pog scripting SDK; kinda makes me feel like diving into modding for weeks on end. :S

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 1 week ago #20124 by IronDuke
Ok, the mod is made and working exactly as intended. :D It's almost my bedtime though, so I'll comment the code and tidy up the dirty bits tomorrow, as well as upload it.
First mod I've ever completed, woot! :D

--IronDuke

More
8 years 1 week ago #20125 by Chessking
Wow, that's great!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 1 week ago #20126 by IronDuke
Alrighty, I'm done.
I'm attaching it because I can't seem to find an upload button in the downloads area...
Enjoy everyone! :mrgreen:

--IronDuke

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chessking

More
8 years 1 week ago #20127 by Chessking
Thanks! I'll see when I can try it out. If you need anything else to do, I thought of something I think would add to the game. There is a strange absence of Heavy Corvettes in Instant Action. Adding these in would raise the bar to a more realistic level, especially when flying the Heavy Corvette.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel