IronDuke's I-War2 Remake/I-War3

More
7 years 7 months ago #20335 by IronDuke
Try this page.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #20336 by Chessking
I've seen that page before, but did not see anything that sounded right. Do you think Camera.Render will do it? I am confused about how to use it though. I will give it a try.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 7 months ago #20337 by IronDuke
I really don't know for sure; this is your area of expertise, not mine. I'm almost exclusively a gameplay programmer.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #20338 by Chessking
Good news! I am finally getting it! I reviewed a webpage I had viewed before. The example on the page was for an older version of Unity, but someone had converted it to the new version, and provided a GitHub example. Here is the link and look for Jamessa's post.

The project uses a second orthographic camera to capture the background image. I don't understand what makes the second camera draw, though. I thought Unity just drew one camera or the other. Now I need to try generating the image instead of using one from file.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 7 months ago #20339 by IronDuke
Unity draws all cameras in scene. You can set the draw order as well.

--IronDuke

More
7 years 7 months ago #20340 by Chessking
That would have been nice to know a while ago. :P

Now, doesn't this look better? I will work on getting it to move with the camera, among other things, before submitting the files. Also, I had to divide the result of my algorithm by ninety to get it to look like stars. Everything was so extreme before, that it appeared to be black and white.

Storm Petrel
Attachments: