Where is the auto save game?

More
7 years 6 months ago #20379 by Chessking
If you installed the game, deleted it, and then re-installed it in a different directory, you may be looking at the wrong one. I think I have encountered a problem before where the computer will register file associations in a certain place. If you have two installs, both .exes will run the same files, so you may think you are using a certain group of files, when you are not.

I will be off for a couple of answers and will not be able to answer questions till later.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #20380 by Lundby
Replied by Lundby on topic Where is the auto save game?
No, I havent installed it before, or more than once :-(

More
7 years 6 months ago #20381 by IronDuke
:blink: There's no saves to load from the menu? You've never saved your game progress? Or am I getting confused? My brain is running roller coasters today, so I might just be reading wrong.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 6 months ago #20382 by Chessking
Perhaps you could attach a screenshot that shows the problem?

Even if you haven't saved your game progress, the game automatically creates the Autosave when you dock to your base, so the folder shouldn't be empty.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 6 months ago #20383 by schmatzler
I know of a bug where the saves folder doesn't get created at all. It only happens with the GOG version and only a few users experienced it. I don't know what causes it.

The symptoms you have sound exactly like a missing saves folder. Try deleting and creating it again, maybe it's a problem with write permissions in this directory.

Space. The final frontier.