file Faction constantly hostile?

More
7 years 5 months ago #20385 by ataraiym
Hey all - Glad to see the community still alive - just saw the last time I was here was..... 2007!

Anyway onto the issue - for some reason this brand new playthru, where I've literally only done the first "get ore" mission, I seem to be hostile to one faction or group constantly. I can't sit at any L point to try to pirate without getting blown away by multiple missile strikes from incoming groups approaching the L point, and I'm being shot at immediately from ships coming thru the L Point.

At the fight right after stealing the tug - I ran and escaped, at the fight right after the meeting with the stepsons, I also ran and escaped, and after stealing the fuel rods, I ALSO ran and escaped with everyone hostile.

Is it possible some ingame marker hasn't reset after swapping the iff or do I have to kill the ones in the junkyard or am I destined to restart from scratch?

any help would be appreciated.

!(>..<)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #20386 by IronDuke
Howdy! Nice to see ya.
Could you give me the name of the faction or factions involved? Maybe a screenshot too, if you like.
I have a suspicion that it's the Marauders.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #20387 by ataraiym
I can't see the name of the faction - it just says XXXXX - but does it always say that for a hostile target regardless of faction or is it the marauders, because there seems to be a LOT of them, if I manage to kill 3 or 4 and tag loot there's not even enough time for jafs to collect before more come in.

Last night I tried again and ended up sitting 60k away for a lot of the time. I'll get a screencap tonite

!(>..<)!

More
7 years 5 months ago #20388 by IronDuke
Yep, that is certainly the Marauders. Their IFF is a series of Xes. They're a band of evil raiders and murderers. Feel free to facewipe them all you like. B)
I know Blackeye L-Point is infested with them, but the other L-Points like Touchdown should be clear.

At the fight right after stealing the tug - I ran and escaped, at the fight right after the meeting with the stepsons, I also ran and escaped, and after stealing the fuel rods, I ALSO ran and escaped with everyone hostile.

Those are standard mission thingies. After stealing the tug, you're a criminal - naturally they want you dead. The mission with the Stepsons is also a heist, so they want you dead. Same for the junkyard theft of fuel rods.
The game is so nice to give us so many red targets. :evil:

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #20389 by Chessking

The game is so nice to give us so many red targets. :evil:

Yes. Otherwise, we would be shooting at yellow ones a lot more often, and would eventually quit from a guilty conscience. :P

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 5 months ago #20390 by ataraiym
Ahh, well I WAS hunting at Blackeye because of no base nearby, so that explains the proliferation - an email says Samarkand is also free of police because of disused base, but with the outlaws base nearby they still go red on the couple of occasions I shot at a corp target. - Even sent a cruiser after me *YIKES*.

I know what you mean chessking :) I'm being strict this time to only "stick it to the man" and kill those marauders (now I know who they are) and Corp targets.

Makes for slow going sometimes, spent almost an hour last night with only a few kills and pods.

Are there other better sites or do I have to wait for a capsule drive?

!(>..<)!