When you dig into the Particle Systems universe...

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #20432 by schmatzler
A really interesting trail of videos and posts lead me to discover new things about the people behind Particle Systems and the I-War series.

Recently, I stumbled upon the YouTube channel Pixelmusement and it's Ancient DOS Games series. He made a video about Evasive Action there and talked about it being developed by Particle Systems and Glyn Williams:

While that is interesting, because it seems to be not a really good game, I thought: "Hey - is Glyn Williams on the internet somewhere?"

A little Google-fu later: He is using Twitter for several years and a custom search reveals that he has only made one tweet about I-War in all of that time:

twitter.com/search?q=independence%20from...age&src=typd&lang=de

The tweet itself is very interesting, though:

I am in this month’s GamesTM. Talking about Independence War.
But too ugly for a photo apparently.

What? An interview I've never read or never even heard about? Woah!
GamesTM is a magazine. Magazines have forums. A little search in it reveals a bit more about that article:

forum.gamestm.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22388

And there we have it! They made a big article about I-War in gamesTM issue 134 and they also give us the new website of Andy Turner in their forums:

www.supermachine.co.uk/

Now I only need to get this magazine from somewhere. Want to read it...

Edit: It can be bought here ! The article is called "Behind the Scenes: The I-War Series".

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #20433 by schmatzler
Just to give you an impression on how nice this is.

It's a 4-parter with a lot of graphics. Sadly, I can't just put it on here in readable condition right now.

But I will ask them for permission for that. :)

Space. The final frontier.
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #20437 by 7upMan
That would be cool. I hope they'll agree.