Edge of Chaos stuck at 30FPS ( windows 8.1 64 bit

More
7 years 5 months ago #20436 by mooms419
Hello everyone,

Well the title is pretty self explanitory.

I have a i7600k, 16GB DD43200MHz, and a EVGA 980TI classified all running into an Acer 27in 1080p 144hz GSync panel.

Like I said in the title EOC refusees to run at anything higher that 30fps.

Now, the interesting thing is that when I hook the pc up to a normal 60hz no gsync monitor the games plays fine at 60fps.

i am stumped here, I've disabled G-sync completely to no avail. If someone could pleas help me out. It would be a huge life saver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #20438 by Bozobub
Hm.

Just to be clear, you did disable G-Sync on both ends (the monitor AND setting in the nVidia Control Panel) correct?

More
7 years 5 months ago #20439 by IronDuke
Never seen this one before.
Basically what the devil clown said. I've never heard of G-sync, so I'm assuming it's like V-sync. You'll certainly have to disable it everywhere the option is available.
Welcome to the forums!

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #20440 by Bozobub
G-Sync is an "adaptive sync" that doesn't load your PC (the monitor does the processing). Among other things, this lets you:
- Run lower framerates smoothly.
- Run super-high framerates on your PC (many games are bottlenecked by V-sync/FPS) without visual "tearing".

The main disadvantage, currently, is that G-Sync is proprietary nVidia tech.

More
7 years 5 months ago #20441 by 7upMan
The AMD version is called FreeSync and is, as the name suggests, free for anyone to implement. I think it's a neat feature, but you need the monitor to support it (along with the graphics card), and my two screens are still good for another 5 years at the very least.