file My Lego Patcom

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #20454 by Tyutyu
My Lego Patcom was created by Tyutyu
Greetings I-War fans,

I would like to share my flickr page with you guys, because I am working on a big Lego Patcom. Size is 70 cm lenght and about 55 cm width.

Please note that I am not trying to build a specific model from I-war games but I want my to design my own craft that can be instantly recognised.

My Flickr page

Any feedback is welcome.

Cheers

Andy / Tyutyu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #20455 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic My Lego Patcom
Hi Tyutyu, finally someone gives I-War a go in the Lego world! What software did you use to model the Patcom? Also, I wonder what the red Mech is in the lower pictures. Is it just a thing you made up, or something from BattleTech?

P.S.: Never mind the question, I just hovered the mouse over the picture and saw that it's a Bushwacker Mech. ;)

More
7 years 4 months ago #20456 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic My Lego Patcom
I can't see flickr, but those dimensions sound superb. I once built the Heavy Corvette out of LEGO a while back before my younger siblings usurped it all. :P The thing weighed a couple pounds and was about the same size as what you built, I think. I made it hollow because I was planning to put an Arduino inside with LED lights on the thrusters and on a pair of gatlings, since some LEGO pieces are just the right size for gatling barrels. I never got around to all that though, and the thing looked like a pukey rainbow, since every piece I had went into it.
Hmmmm. I've never actually used my Arduino for anything. Maybe I could build a model Corvette from wood or something and finally carry out my LED lights plan.... might be fun.
Also, Bushwhacker is best whacker. B) Such an incredibly ubiquitous mech in Mech Commander 2.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #20457 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic My Lego Patcom
I've built lego I-War ships as well! I have built a Storm Petrel, the Anderson class SNRV cargo ship, and a fairly accurate T-fighter. None of them were very big. I believe I still have the pictures somewhere.

The Bushwacker is a pretty good medium mech in Mechwarrior 4 as well, for Solaris matches.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
7 years 4 months ago #20458 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic My Lego Patcom
It is also available as pre-order in MechWarrior: Online, the Free-to-Play online game.

mwomercs.com/bushwacker

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #20460 by Tyutyu
Replied by Tyutyu on topic My Lego Patcom
Wow! Many replies in such short time.

1)Yes, I was shocked to check the internet and not find a single I-War Lego Moc (My own creation) out there. It was a huge inspiration to remedy this.

2)I used LDD (Lego Digital Designer) software.

3)Im happy you like my Lego Bushwacker. This is the 2001 Mechwarrior 4 version and Im damn proud of it. I spent 4 months getting the shapes and angles right.

4)IronDuke, I would love to see your Lego if you have any pictures. How can I share my Patcom with you? Should I upload it to Photobucket?

5)Chessking. Same as above: Do you have pictures of your Lego Mocs?

6)I wanted to love the Mechwarrior online version. I really wanted, but my eyes cant take it :( Its shape is so different from the one I grew up with (Mechwarrior 3-4 and Mechcommander 1-2), that it makes me sad to see this new design.

7) You gave up too soon IronDuke. The balance of MWO at the moment is the best I have ever seen in an online game.

I play a 35 Ton Jenner2C and I always go up against 100 Ton mechs and if I don't suicide, but do what I am supposed to (Spot enemy, TAG-NARC enemy mechs), my team can devastate enemy mechs with my contribution.

So What do you guys think of my Patcom design? Does it go well with the "existing" designs?

Edit: Trying to attach a pic directly:

Please note:

-The colors of specific parts of the ship were limited by Lego parts I could get my hands on. ( Very limited )

-The weapon modules are still not finished. What you see now are just placeholder weapons I quickly added so I could say, that the ship hull is finished ;)
Attachments: