Anyone Thinking about making a New Game from this series ?

More
5 years 5 months ago #20730 by Dark
As I'm SLOWLY waiting for Star Citizen and the mess that was created ..

I have gave in and started playing LONELY E.D - no add ons ...

I miss Newton Physics (replicated well) ...

So I was thinking, maybe an I-War universe game ...

I was SPOILED on I-WAR and no other game has come close.... Not Yet ;)

What was your Favorite features or Wish list you had for the game...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #20731 by Chessking
My wish for I-War 2 is that it would be more fully fleshed out. As IronDuke and others have discovered, some of the ship systems don't actually do anything, such as active sensors. I would like a version of I-war where this is fixed, along with things like subsystem damage and power supply.

In addition, I like that you can fly different ships in I-war 2... but you are limited to just 5 ships (Plus a few others in multiplayer). It would be nice to be able to buy whatever ship you want... In fact, it would be nice if you could buy anything. The only currency in vanilla appears to be gained from scrapping cargo... and is only useful for manufacturing the few items you have blueprints for. This forces you to use piracy as your main source for resources. There are mods that allow you to fly other ships... as well as buy, sell, and trade cargo, ships, etc. A better game would have this built-in.

I would also like the ability to use capital ships and to form your own fleet. According to the encyclopedia, Lucretia's base could hold about 30 ships. Why couldn't a famous pirate whose skill compares to Jefferson Clay buy/steal some ships, hire some fighters, and use the base?

Anyways, these are just a few of the things that I think of when thinking about a new I-war based game.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
5 years 5 months ago #20732 by Dark
Thanks for your reply - Actually I wasn't thinking about I-War 2 ... I was thinking on the lines of I-WAR MMO and Story mode.

I'm a Star Citizen Fan, and I like the concept.. however ...
I-War is a great story and has it's own universe ....
I've played Elite and While it's ok.. combat is Horrible to me.
Yes, I would incorporate all those elements, you can buy and sell as many ships as you like - Upgrades and Upgrades .. that's why people grind :P
MMO - yes lets make a universe that apparently Chris Roberts will appreciate ... Joke... Darn you Star Citizen .. so much money, so much time, so many in-house changes... Another 2 years until your finished ...

With today Tech ... I think I-War could be very successful ...
Everyone wants options ... and an open ended MMO with Missions would be awesome.
The voice acting has come along so well, and there is now dynamic music with most games.
LOVE LOVE Voice Pack and Voice interaction/Chat - between NPC and Players ...

I never go to finish the I-War2 .. because of BUGS! "Do you want to live forever" ...
I would implement characters that operate ships, instead of just having a graphic inside a cockpit... (how boring is that) .. think I-War 1 Open Cinematic ...

What would you like to see from a NEW make from the series?
Cheers

More
5 years 5 months ago #20733 by Chessking
I don't know much about space sim MMO's, so I don't have much for suggestions. Since I-war is a very single-player based game, it is hard to imagine it as an MMO... so my first suggestion would be having missions that the players can work together to accomplish. One example of a game that uses this system is Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances. The game has multiple servers, and when the game objectives are accomplished, either the server resets, or a new server is created (I don't know which).

Another example is I-war 2's own "EOC Online". This game is not first person, but has some qualities that could be used... In EOC Online, the player starts out with a low-level ship and works for one of six factions. The player can choose either an assault role (damages enemy ships) or a support role (heals allied ships). The player can earn experience and eventually get better ships. The player can also become a leader of other players from the same faction, and coordinate attacks against other factions. A faction can be eliminated by destroying it's space station. The server resets when only one faction remains in the game.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
5 years 4 months ago #20738 by drkanukie
Look at starfighter inc www.kickstarter.com/projects/impellerstudios/starfighter-inc-0 - they have newtonian combat and feels the closest I have played to EoC

--
on the edge of chaos

More
5 years 4 months ago #20739 by drkanukie
Star Citizen is even more boring than Elite Dangerous. I never got bored in EoC.

--
on the edge of chaos