file L-Point Jump issues

More
2 years 6 months ago #20869 by Atheist Antichrist
     I'm playing with Win10 AME, ASUS Z87-C, i5 4690K, Soundblaster Z, Geforce GTX 980, 16Gb DDR3.

I have a heck of a time making jumps through L-points.  I go to jump and just sit there.  It's like every ship in the system is queued ahead of me and I either have to [ctrl+alt+x] every ship in range or sit waiting forever to jump.

I found a download for DirectX 7 which I installed pointlessly (I know every version of DX has every previous version) but figured it couldn't hurt, and I sort of hoped it might fix some of the issues I have with I-War2.  It didn't, of course, but I had to try.  Do people have luck running XP?  I doubt I could find drivers for my hardware anyway.  I feel like I should buy an old system that will run XP to play this game.

"It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"
-Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #20870 by mechwarrior2
Replied by mechwarrior2 on topic L-Point Jump issues
Yeah the L-points are meant to queue you in for the local traffic because thats how you make a "simulator" game, but it is true that the queue is kinda buggy and allows NPC ships to cut in line

The solution: Use L-points manually. Open up the starmap and press "up" on the L-point to bring up the possible destinations. You can enter the L-point any way you want while flying at any speed, I usually just slam my thrusters and run enter through the L points through the sides.

More
2 years 6 months ago #20871 by mechwarrior2
Replied by mechwarrior2 on topic L-Point Jump issues
P.S. turn on grand theft auto music and slam the thrusters in front of the cops while entering the L-point through the side direction and slightly colliding with a freighter before entering warp space.

Space Thug Life