Is it true? (Dagda System Fix)

More
1 year 3 months ago #20893 by Atheist Antichrist
It works?  The Dagda system doesn't crash anymore?  Wow! After so, so long I can play through the game?  This changes things for sure

"It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"
-Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #20906 by IronDuke
Yes. The Community Patch  contains a fix for this, a fix for the Wolf's Lair progression bug, and I believe a few other small fixes. It was developed by folks over on the Discord server.

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #20913 by Sarxis
It's pretty crazy what a bunch of old fogies can do when they are just sitting around mulling over twenty year old code bugs ≽ܫ≼

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #20914 by Alalkelele
Indeed, thank you for your service

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #20925 by schmatzler
I have asked GOG about including this patch as well as the NoCD patch in their digital release of the game. Fingers crossed!

If that's successful I might attempt to also contact Atari about the Steam release of the game. Last time I tried to contact them I was just met with silence, so I'm not holding a lot of hope. But we'll see.

Space. The final frontier.

More
5 months 1 week ago #20926 by Sarxis

I have asked GOG about including this patch as well as the NoCD patch in their digital release of the game. Fingers crossed!

If that's successful I might attempt to also contact Atari about the Steam release of the game. Last time I tried to contact them I was just met with silence, so I'm not holding a lot of hope. But we'll see.

It would probably be enough if there was a sticky post in the I-War forums at GoG with links to the patches.   Funnily enough, they still have a sticky post there stating i-war2.com is closing in 2015. Ha!  

I suppose GoG could include the fixes with the installer and some instructions on how to enable it.  Atari probably doesn't care about this game though after so long.