map-pin No instructions for how to install mods

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #19371 by Pizack
Longtime on and off again iwar2 player. Never tried any mods. Downloaded some from the site today (thanks for keeping it up, you're a true fan if there ever was one!).

It doesn't say anywhere that I've found how to install the mods. I'm sticking the RARs in the mods folder, wish me luck :)

-p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #19372 by Chessking
You shouldn't have RAR files. Most mods are in zip format. Can you tell me which mod you are trying to use?

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pizack

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #19373 by Pizack
You're right, I was just using RAR as shorthand for "compressed file," which was silly.

Tossing the zips in the mods folder did the trick, thanks! I'm off to liberate some cargo.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #19374 by schmatzler
I'm planning to do a beginners guide for new users with the most important information - for example, the most useful mods, how to install them and how to get around some of the problems on new Windows versions.

If you have any suggestions for that, just reply ;)

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 5 days ago #19380 by Slax
Hi at all,

i have the same problems with the mods.
At first, thanks for your great job on this Site. The game is old but the best in this Genre. I love it :-)

Now i want to use some Mods, but my English is to bad and i use the google translate.

@schmatzler: Wäre es möglich das du mir im deutschen beschreibst wie ich die Mods:
-Multimod
-Movies 16:9
-Colossus
-custom jafs
-Future trader
...richtig installiere und einstelle?

Many thanks for your Helps

More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #19381 by schmatzler
Hallo Slax,

das Installieren von Mods ist eigentlich relativ einfach - die meisten Mods sind in einer ZIP-Datei. Die kopierst du in das Verzeichnis

Programme/Infogrames/Edge of Chaos - Indepedence War 2/mods/

Danach kannst du die Mods im Spiel aktivieren.

Manche Mods haben zusätzliche Einstellungsmöglichkeiten. Fast jeder Mod hat zusätzlich eine .html-Datei in der ZIP-Datei, in der diese Optionen drinstehen.

Zum Beispiel kann man bei "Custom Jafs" einige Optionen in die flux.ini eintragen, um einzustellen wie sehr Jafs die Klappe halten soll oder welchen Frachter er fliegt.

Ich hoffe es hilft.

English:
Warning: Spoiler!

Gruß,
schmatzler

Space. The final frontier.