[DONE] Idea for reorganizing the forum

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19566 by schmatzler
I really don't like how the forum is organized. We have three places for general or offtopic talk, a useless hidden forum and a Multiplayer forum with no activity at all.

I want to reorganize it, here are my ideas so far:
  • Rename "Frequently Asked Questions" to "General Talk"
  • Merge "General Gameplay" and "General EoC Talk", rename it to "General I-War Talk" to have a place for the first game
  • Put "Off Topic Discussions" into the General Talk section and rename it to something cozy. [strike]I remember a mission where you have to fly to a bar. Does anybody remember how the bar in EoC is called? :D[/strike] Blue Note Social Club!

The above would clean up the forum drastically and give us a main category with 4 subzones.

Other things I'd like to do:
  • Merge "WhatRocks Multiplay" into the General zone afterwards. It's so small, we don't need an extra section for Multiplayer
  • Merge the development forum with the hidden one and rename it to "I-War Development" to cover the first game, too.

That leaves us with the Torn Stars forum. I don't know what to do with it. Should we keep it? There are a lot of topics in there which aren't Torn Stars related. Development has stopped for a while and they have their own forum - should we merge it, delete it or simply lock it, so people can only read it?

Give me some input if my ideas are good or not. :whistle: If you have different ideas on how to organize it, shoot :lol:

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19567 by RichardSkinner
The bar I believe is the blue note social club

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

The Priceline Negotiator
The following user(s) said Thank You: schmatzler

More
8 years 11 months ago #19568 by schmatzler
Thank you, that's it :)

I thought about the Torn Stars forum a bit more - a better idea would be to create a "Mods" subforum where we can talk about mods and put the Torn Stars threads in there. The "Developer" and "Suggested Features" forums could be set read-only then.

If no one hates me for this, I will reorganize it soon.

Space. The final frontier.