Mission 22: Wolfs Lair

More
16 years 3 months ago #19049 by Ulrico_M
Hey guys, my issue isn't with the capsule tracking device, I'm having trouble at the Dainn II side.

"As you wait here, they will notice freighters jumping into the system and heading off."

For me, only one transport comes through the L point, and then stops. I wait a few minutes, nothing happens, it, and the fighters, just remain there, completely still. I then try to approach it, and they detect me.

Is this just happening for me? How do I fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #16731 by BlasterMaster555
Did you follow Marauders through to the Dainn II jump?

All power to the engines!!!

More
16 years 3 months ago #16733 by prankster4life
I am having the same problem. Have followed Marauders through the L-Point and arrive at the Dainn 2 L-Point; following the dialogue I head for the waypoint marked 'junk.' 4 Marauder corvettes arrive and then a freighter arrives through the jump point and just sits there.
Any help would be much appreciated.

More
16 years 2 months ago #16737 by BlasterMaster555
Use a REM Missile or quad Gatling guns and lay waste to the corvettes, but leave the freighter be.

More
15 years 11 months ago #16774 by qiaoyech
Replied by qiaoyech on topic Mission 22: Wolfs Lair
I think I know a better way of finishing this mission.

It seems that the IFF code is changed, and the brightness level of your ship is changed after applying a signal mask.I'm not sure. But after a purchas of Signal Mask 1 from "trade" screen, you can arm it into Advanced Patcom. After launching the ship, use Shift+E to bring up the engineering screen, navigate to "Signal Mask 1" subsystem, and activate it using "enter" key (keyboard-only configuration, I don't know about joystick config, sorry!). Then head towards firefrost, shutdown your "Docking Auto Turret" (using the engineering screen again), and let your fighters "hold fire". Head to a distress signal, formate with a marauder. After the marauders are closing in to the L-point and disengaged LDS, disengage the marauder, and REMAIN TARGETED to one of the marauder (doesn't matter which one). Wait till it jumps. That way the script of the marauder is cleared from the mission script. Go to the new waypoint, head to the junk. STOP thurst immediately after you reach there (I meant thurst and RCS). After the freigter arrives, simply formate with it using autopilot (you don't need to "sneak in", just use the autopilot after it's targeted). It should carry you to the correct base. Once there, wait a few moments, and Clay would give you further instructions.

More
15 years 8 months ago #16799 by Lord_crapalot
My problem is that the freighter doesnt move an inch at all after it arrives. I tried doing it qiaoyechs way. Ill try and load an older save and see if that helps other then that im kinda sunk.