Really struggling keeping all my turret fighters !

More
15 years 8 months ago #19076 by calnon
Hiya,

Sorry about all the questions however I have tried a mission at least 10 times today, its the one where the stepsons give you wingmen and tell you to take out a maurader base. I did complete this mission however , I lost one of my turret fighters so I was wandering will I be able to get a turret fighter again? Im thinking of trying the mission again but it is so tricky to keep a clean sheet, if I send my wingmen in to early they die, if I draw just the aircraft out and ambuish its good but then that leaves a massive defense platform, the last attempt there I got the defense platform down but lost a turret fighter :( Then I lifted cargo and run to the base and dropped the cargo.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #16797 by calnon
Hi I cant edit my post, I couldnt do this mission at all ; all of today trying! However about 5 tries after posting I managed it with 1 stepsons wingman + both my turret fighters in tact.

First I jumped out of warp a about 35k out, told the stepson wingmen to halt, I then cruise into bang on 20k, next I run back to my stepson wingmen then tell them to attack just at the point where all mobs are after me. Once all the ships are gone, I use the T Fighters I have saved and take out the defense turret and it cant hit me, got an FAQ to thank for that great tip.

Finally grabbed 2 or 3 cargos and dropped them on the base, I think I was maybe dropping the cargo to close to the base before and my ship may have been getting blasted.

Really tough mission that one, well at least before you have a set of tactics for it :)

More
15 years 8 months ago #16798 by SoupDragon
Hi Calnon,

You can be forgiven for thinking you're talking to yourself mate. :)

Pleased you're enjoying the game. This board is very quiet these days. I pop in fairly regularly to do any admin.

I would suggest if you don't get an answer on any future queries, you try the Atari board for EoC at: www.ataricommunity.com/forums/fo ... .php?f=137

Soup'