Objective Incomplete: scope out area

More
18 years 7 months ago #13589 by Psycho-Mantis
@ first: Hello.
I have a problem with last missions of act2.
The mission "Wolfs Lair" is incomplete, the only thing i still have to do is "Scope out the area". But i was able to start "hide and seek" and i finished it without any problems. I went back to my base after that and got the e-mail of Mr. Hoffer ("We need an alternaive") that i shall help to fight the marauders at Mwari. But now i can fly to any point in Mwari but nothing happens. I don't have a new mission-script. I found a german faq where was written that i have to go to the faust-l-point in dante. There i should meet an army of mca-ships. But at first: i don't find the l-point in my starmap; and second: after hours i found it but there are no ships.
Short: How to solve the "Wolfs Lair"-mission? What to do after "Hide and Seek"? What to do to start "Dante's inferno"?
Shane, maybe you can send me the same savegame like Guslefou got from you?

Sry for my english...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13592 by Shane
Hi Psycho-Mantis. It does sound like your mission scripting is a bit buggered.

Soupdragon was kind enough to host the library of save games on-site. You can find them here: i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm

Just click on the Read Me link to the side of each savegame to see what objectives are active at that particular save. A really cool feature Soup added. :D

More
18 years 7 months ago #13593 by Psycho-Mantis
Oh OK. I didn't see that. Thanks.
P-M

More
18 years 1 month ago #14882 by HoneyBunny
I also had this problem. However, I accdentally found what I did wrong. The objective would be marked incomplete until you go near enough to Quil station (sorry can't remember how many kilometres). By that point, it would be marked completed and you would get new objective "Find out where the freighters are going".

The problem here is, you can some sort of "by-pass" the "Scout the area" objective by closing the freighters immediately as you spot the Quil and formate with one of them to the Marauder HQ. After that, if you leave the system, it would complete the next objective which is "Go back with the info", without the need to complete "Scout the area". Then, the objective "Scout the area" would be marked incomplete FOREVER, so if you're up to that point and save the game, you've to go back to previous save(s) and redo the mission correctly