Station Assult & iFleet conflict?

More
17 years 2 months ago #16214 by GrandpaTrout
Stations are never "destroyed" they are just hidden. That is one of the many ways stations are special.

I took a quick look at the code. He does the AddIntProperty when the mod is started. I like to use it when the value is set. It always works.

I can see a possible problem. His timer task is started, it does not look for newly destroyed stations. You would have to save the game and then start the timer task to get the new stations included in the rebuild.

destroyed = Global.List("g_zz_sa_destroyed");
dest_count = List.ItemCount(destroyed);

I would add those lines of code just above the dest2=dest_count;

The behavior you describe would happen if the destroyed list, did not have any destroyed stations in it. But instead had something else. I recommend adding a debug print with the station handle so you can figure out what stations it thinks are destroyed.

debug Debug.PrintHandle(current);

just under the iHUD.Print statements. You can then read the flux.log file and see what stations are being "rebuilt" if any.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16239 by Szappy

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout
The behavior you describe would happen if the destroyed list, did not have any destroyed stations in it. But instead had something else. I recommend adding a debug print with the station handle so you can figure out what stations it thinks are destroyed.

That is most probably the problem, but I couldn't been able track it down yet.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16283 by GrandpaTrout
Post up the results from the debug prints, and let's see if we cannot reason out the troubles.

More
13 years 4 months ago #17044 by tourist
Hello there to the valiant supporters of a great space game. I still haven't found any space game which gives me so much fun like Edge of Chaos. Sadly enough, big modding projects like Unstable Space are likely to be never completed, therefor older stuff like iFleet and Station Assault are still interesting options to keep this great game interesting.

The good news for all who wonder if the two can be combined: iFleetmod v5 and Station Assault 1a work together for me.

Yesterday I destroyed a SOLAN warehouse and after 30 minutes of real time flight, it was back again. (The loot wasn't THAT great, but a few expensive pods were in it).

I even zipped around in other systems. Although I have yet to check if the rebuild count starts/continues even after I went back to Lucretias Base. I'll post the results here shortly.

have fun with the two mods,

tourist

More
13 years 3 months ago #17046 by jazzylg
I use station assault with Ifleetmod v5 all the time. I've wrecked havoc on a dozen maas stations! What I have not done yet is add captured any ships to my fleet. has anyone done this yet? As fas as loot goes, I've got plenty. I've already got the best weapons systems, ship, and ect. .

More
13 years 3 months ago #17047 by jazzylg
By the way, I just dock with the enemy station during combat (I'm indestructible), and buy what I want with futuretrader gui loaded.