To the I-War community - Helpers needed!

More
14 years 8 months ago #16914 by aceattacker
Almost ready. I'm packaging the 0.1 version of REAL into the zip file now. Just a final check for bugs and playtest and I'll start publishing.

Here goes nothing.

In between life and death, there is only one dream to care for.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #16915 by aceattacker
Success! Test runs in instant action and main game show no problems.

I've got a favour to ask, though: Since this forum doesn't allow file attachments and it'll take time for Soupdragon to update the page, can I just upload the new mod in the EoC section of the Torn Stars forum? It's only 497 kb.

Installs just like any mod, tested fully compatible with Custom Jafs, Freeform and Crosshairs.

I've extracted to a copy-paste of the supplementary HTML for preview:

Realistic Equipment, Armor and Loadouts
Designed by aceattacker, with help from cambragol, MightyMidget, Indie, Hotfoot and Jet
Speical thanks to cambragol and Mopy (from the X forums)

WARNING:

The creator of this modification does not accept any responsibility for damage incurred to your computer by his work, but will be happy to assist you with any problems with this mod. Contact aceattacker at mailto:gundamforever422@yahoo.com]gundamforever422@yahoo.com

This mod is designed to rebalance ship strength, loadouts and weaponry to make combat in I-War more realistic. Lateral thinking and tactical savvy are encouraged and combat mechanics have been tweaked to make battles more long-lasting.

Features:

-Hull strength enhanced by the following factors: 1x for fighters, interceptors and utility craft, 2x for patcoms, tugs and all transports except megafreighters, 3x for corvettes, megafreighters and gunstars, 4x for destroyers, 5x for cruisers.

-Exception: Lucrecia has foreseen that SnRVs sent on cargo retrieval are at risk, and has refitted hers with extra armour. Jafs's SnRV has double hull strength and 20% more armour.

-Weapon ranges enhanced for Pulse-Accelerated PBCs, Neutron PBC

-Weapon tracking radius lowered for Quad Light PBCs, Gatling Cannons, Assault Cannons, Heavy PBCs, Neutron PBCs and Antimatter PBCs.

-Bolt velocity of Pulse-Accelerated PBC bolts increased.

-Half range of Standard PBCs, Cryo PBCs, Recoil-Dampened PBCs, Wide-Angle PBCs, Pulse-Accelerated PBCs, Gatling Cannons and Assault Cannons increased slightly.

-Half range of Heavy PBCs, Neutron PBCs and Antimatter PBCs increased dramatically (Heavy: 4.8 km, Neutron: 7.8 km, Antimatter: 6.55 km)

-Refire rate of Standard PBCs, Cryo PBCs, Recoil-Dampened PBCs, Wide-Angle PBCs, Pulse-Accelerated PBCs and Heavy PBC increased.

-Refire rate of Quad-Light PBCs, Gatling Cannons and Assault Cannons decreased.

-Heat buildup rate of Gatling Cannons greatly increased.

-Neutron PBCs and Antimatter PBCs are now recoilless and have built-in zoom.

-Docking Auto Turret upgraded to standard PBC, Point Defense Turret firing rate increased. (hint: You can turn turrets off in the Engineering screen!)

-Longbow Sniper Cannon revamped: Ammo increased to 25, damage of sniper round doubled, refire delay drastically increased to five seconds.

-Antimatter-based weaponry is very delicate and will not fire below 80% system functionality.

-All beam weapons have double range, but half damage.

-All non-player ship weapons changed to be equal to player-ship weapons.

-Missiles, mines and countermeasures per cargo pod and magazine slot greatly changed, rockets made more powerful to suit anti-capital role:

-Harrowers: 60 per cargo pod, 8 per mag. Seekers: 50 per cargo pod, 6 per mag, slightly harder to spoof. Deadshots: 40 per cargo pod, 4 per mag.

-Proximity mines: 30 per cargo pod, 3 per mag. Seeker mines: 40 per cargo pod, 4 per mag.

-Mining charges: 20 per cargo pod, 3 per mag. REM missiles: 15 per cargo pod, 2 per mag. Deathblow remote: 10 per cargo pod, 1 per mag. Antimatter remote: 10 per cargo pod, 1 per mag.

-All rockets now hold 80 per cargo pod and 20 per mag. Gnats have 210 damage, 60 penetration and a 0.5 refire rate. Hammers have 450 damage, 65 penetration and a 0.7 refire rate. Blizzards have 320 damage, 72 penetration and a 0.15 refire rate.

-Flares: 100 per cargo pod, 10 per mag. ECM decoys: 80 per cargo pod, 8 per mag. Smart AI decoys: 60 per cargo pod, 6 per mag.

-Aggressor shields enhanced for higher velocities. Standard aggressor shields have a new optimal ramming speed of 1000 m/s, Navy aggressor shields have a new optimal ramming speed of 1600 m/s.

-Loadouts of AI vessels enhanced as suited to owners. Expect to see equipment quality in the following order from worst to best: Independent starships, Independent mercenaries and outlaws, Outdated navy vessels, Police, Corporations, paramilitary organizations, Maas Corporation, modern Navy vessels.

-Capability of autorepair decreased.

-LDS drive speed is currently exaggerated at 100 times encyclopedia-listed values, lowered from 300 times.

-capital ship-grade LDAs and experimental assault shield have a 360 degree coverage.

-Capabilities of passive sensors decreased. Active sensors allow for much bettter detection, but will increase brightness and make missiles much harder to dodge.

-Stealth equipment now has much more noticable effects.

-Encyclopedia updated to correspond to changes.

Things to look forward to, in priority and likelihood listed from highest to lowest:

-Continued rebalancing of ships, weapons and equipment.

-Enhanced in-game encyclopedia information

-More fine-tuned balancing of heat mechanic, flight dynamics, armour and subsystem strength.

-Implementation of additional capital ship weapons, including entire missile batteries.

-New features such as time compression and precise ammunition count at the base.

-New and replayable instant action missions - if possible.

Compatibility:

REAL is designed as a continuation to ELITE, Expert and Jet's Weapon Tweaks and has therefore integrated most of the aforementioned mods' features. For that reason, REAL and the aforementioned mods cannot run simultaneously without conflict.

REAL changes the following resource folders: HTML/credits, HTML/encyclopedia, sims/custom, sims/ships, sims/weapons, subsims/cargopods, subsims/systems. Any mods not using those folders should be fully compatible.

Hardware issues specifically caused by this modification are unlikely.

Report all bugs and issues to aceattacker at mailto:gundamforever422@yahoo.com]gundamforever422@yahoo.com

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

More
14 years 8 months ago #16916 by cambragol
Wow, that was fast!

Feel free to upload it to the Eoc threads at Torn-stars. That is what they are for after all!

I will have to check this out once I get a little break from my mod efforts. Trying to build cockpits for all the ships offered for sale in US. Not easy.

More
14 years 8 months ago #16917 by aceattacker
Well, I kinda, uh, dedicated the last ten hours awake or so to making this.

I found a little issue, nothing fatal but still irritating: The mod won't stay active after quitting I-War 2, unlike all the others. Got any advice on fixing that?

Edit: Found the problem. Blank space in file name makes mod an unhappy camper. Not a major fault, but still most embarassing. Thank goodness Yahoo failed to send the submission mail with the faulty version.

More
14 years 8 months ago #16918 by aceattacker
Well, everything's working fine, but whenever I try to send an email to mailto:soupdragon@i-war2.com]soupdragon@i-war2.com , it reports as failed to deliver. The mail daemon says: "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table". Any ideas what could be the problem?

The failure message also says something about "IP does not like recipient". Could it be that my e-mail address looks too much like a spam mailer?

More
14 years 8 months ago #16919 by cambragol
I am hosting REAL at Torn-stars.com until Soupdragon comes online and adds it to this site.