file To the I-War community - Helpers needed!

More
14 years 6 months ago #16930 by aceattacker
Dampening field? The only thing like that I know of are the LDSi fields near every space station except your hidden pirate base and abadoned stations. All active stations disallow LDS travel near 'em, just get some distance to the station on standard thrusters, using the override thrusters to bypass speed limit.

Make sense, though. Wouldn't want a ship slamming into the station at 33%c...

In between life and death, there is only one dream to care for.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16931 by tombombodil
aceattacker, thanks for this. I will try again. will take me a few days to get to this, but will get back to you.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16932 by aceattacker
Glad to be of service. Just so you know, I'm planning on making the next version of REAL more newcomer-friendly, including combat info in the encyclopedia that the game should have told the players, and I'll be sure to release it soon. And y'know, at this stage any player would be considered a credit-worthy beta tester... *wink wink nudge nudge*

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16933 by aceattacker
Got a few more questions:

-Do the full_disrution and disrupt_time properties actually work? I'm currently having a little trouble getting disruptors to work the way I want em? And how much does disruption time deviate against larger ships and gunstars?
--Edit: I have a theory on that, but it's still untested. I suspect that the full_disruption property is actually a boolean, so you'd have to use the values "false" and "true" instead of "0" and "1" to make them work.
--My second theory is that partial disruption doesn't work correctly with player ships, so the player always experiences full disruption. As of now, no AI ship has Achillies disrputors, just regular ones.
-I'm also looking on factors to determine weapon selection when cycling through them in flight. I want to encourage diverse arsenal and if I could streamline the weapon cycling, it'd greatly facilitate weapon diversity.
-I know for certain that at least once, the in-game encyclopedia is changed, that is, amended with THAT event. I could use some additional information on the mechanics of that change and how to ensure my encyclopedia amendments aren't affected.
--Nevermind. Found the <hide_act0> tags and figured out the rest from there.
-I'm not rushing this time. I'm going to iron out everything I oversaw. I'm posting some screenshots in the Torn Stars forum soon.

Oh, and screenshots are ready. I'm uploading them at the forum at www.torn-stars.com now. As usual, a registered account is needed to download the file.
Uploaded now. Here is the thread with them: www.torn-stars.com/index.php?option=com_...Itemid=68&topic=44.0

More
14 years 6 months ago #16939 by cambragol
I believe the full_disruption and disrupt_time properties work. I adjusted and experimented with them, with some success. For example, all missiles in US do disruption. At least for a very brief period. Not certain about the difference or effective difference between partial and full disruption though...

More
14 years 6 months ago #16949 by aceattacker
Thanks for clearing up penetration mechanics, but... how does it work with disruptor missiles? Does it halve the disruption time every time the penetration vs armor check fails?
Where can I find values on the effectiveness of decoys?