file To the I-War community - Helpers needed!

More
14 years 6 months ago #16951 by cambragol
I am not aware that penetration effects disruption at all. Never noticed it happening, nor seen it described anywhere. I don't know of any ratings on the effectiveness of decoys. However, I have never really noticed them to be very effective at all. You might need to do some experimenting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16959 by aceattacker
I've just made a complete overhaul of NPS equipment for REAL 0.2 . I've revamped player sensors and made four types of sensors for non-player ships. Lower-level sensors won't be able to pick up stealthy targets with low brightness anymore. I wonder what happened when the AI is attacked by someone not visible on the sensors - will they just sit around, try to track the attacker or cheat and ignore the sensor restrictions? Also made some new capship exclusive subsims as the normal subtargets were easily destroyed by being looked at grim by a Cutting Beam.

There is something that would benefit my testing efforts greatly. I need a cheat - specifically, either some kind of cheat that allows me to spawn either any ship straight from the sims folder, combat ready and either friendly or hostile. Failing that, I'd probably settle for learning how to make my own 'playground' scenario for combat test purposes.

In between life and death, there is only one dream to care for.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16960 by cambragol
I may have a 'Sandbox' tool in my archives for spawning groups of ships. However, it may be TS exclusive...will look into it. A search on the forums might yield something as well.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16962 by cambragol
Also, sensors are an area that I have never touched on. I had read that they were somewhat useless, whether by design or a bug I know not. Some testing of their effectiveness could open up some new combat styles.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16964 by cambragol

More
14 years 6 months ago #16967 by aceattacker
From the looks of the feature, it looks excellent.

However, right now, I can't get it to work. I put the zip file into the mod folder, attached the keyboard command, went into space in campaign and instant action.

However, it just won't start. I'm currently running Custom Jafs, Crosshairs, Freeform Mod, Location Finder and my own REAL (I inserted my altered ship files into the sandbox folder). Could any of those interfere?

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.