New Mod Coming Soon!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #17303 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
Hi SoupDragon, so what is your site? Also, how comes you'll close the site in January when the domain expires only in June? I'm just curious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #17304 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
Hi 7upMan. The site area hasn't been built yet but essentially when visitors click I-war2.com after Jan 4th, they'll be forwarded to a dedicated page containing all the necessary.

I'm closing January because I'm moving to a new hosting company and I have to make decisions what domains to transfer over. As I wasn't going to renew the i-war2.com domain next year, I put in motion the process of closing it down. Doing it in January gives plenty of time for visitors to grab what they want before the domain expires in June.

More
9 years 4 days ago #19452 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
New thread for stuff concerning my space game here: www.i-war2.com/forum/off-topic-discussio...e-s-space-game#19451

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 1 week ago #20128 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
ARISE ANCIENT THREAD! *blows off mountains of dust and swipes away cobwebs*
I found that only programming in Unity has had a nasty side effect of burning me out. Plus, no matter how much I play other space games, I always get the itch to play more I-War2. But the vanilla is just too... vanilla.
So. What I'm doing is resuming this mod in my spare time (as if I didn't have enough to do already! :silly: ) in order to keep my brain fresh. However, instead of making a megawhopperomigoshthatshuge mod, I'm going to break it down into modules. EINS can be considered the first. All the modules will be fully compatible with each other.

Here's a list of modules off the top of my head:
-Custom camera scripts enabling headlook with controllers, mouse/keyboard, or even headtracking. Also will have custom camera shake.
-Skirmish/instant action. Basically a custom instant action mode, since Chessking said something just now about a lot of ship types not being in the vanilla instant action. Also will have a skirmish mode, meaning you pick a list of ships for either side, click battle, and blow stuff up till the enemy fleet is dead, then return to menu.
-Redone system for weapon systems; will be quite similar to that of Unstable Space, if not a downright copy-paste.
-New models and textures of quality between that of ED and normal I-War2.
-Dynamic economic system.
-Completely redone traffic system. Will rely on economic module.
-Planetary landings as per that mod, I forgot the name, that someone found a while ago. I'll see if there's any way I can get that working.
-Detachable comsec. There's already a mod for this, but it's clunky and can cause issues with missions. I'll take that mod and make it great.
-Player fleet control, as well as AI fleet control so the player can join NPC fleets. By extension, player ownable and manufacturable ships and stations
-Ship-launched fighters. The current system used by carriers is a silly one. They just have missile launchers, with the projectile sim set to fighter. :dry:
-Completely rebalanced combat. This is actually mostly done, but I got a little carried away in parts. Also rather dependent on the redone weapons system.
-Possibly redone system for shot impacts and damage. This depends on how much of an object's properties is exposed to Pog modders. It's entirely possible that I may not be able to do it at all.
-Completely recoded story line, with new characters, more acts, bugfixes, new voices, and complete usage of the other modules. Because of that last bit, will be the last module produced in all probability.
Many more to come as I think of them. Feel free to suggest stuff.

These modules will be released as they are completed, so that way the wait is shorter. Because I'm doing this in my spare time, it could take quite a while for even one module.

--IronDuke

P.S. Good grief, this thread was created 3.3 years ago??? It feels like ten months! :ohmy:

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 1 week ago #20130 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
I think that is a good plan. I have never even touched POG, but you know it already. Yet you just now released your first mod! I look forward to your next update. :cheer:

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 1 week ago #20132 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic New Mod Coming Soon!!
Well, looks like this mod will turn I-War 2 into a whole new game. If anything I'd advise to work on the "simple" components first and leave the more complex stuff for later. I wish you the best of luck!!!