IronDuke's Patch

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 1 month ago #20522 by IronDuke
IronDuke's Patch was created by IronDuke
Sort of a side project, since ten of those clearly aren't enough. :silly: It's mostly done already. I just figured I'd slap together all the resources, do some coding, and pop it out there.
Basically, this very unofficial patch is gonna fix all the bugs I'm capable of fixing.

Bugs I know of and will fix
-<Fixed>-Police patcom has only 1 PBC due to a numbering error in the .ini file.
-<Fixed>-Heavy destroyer's collisionhull is 50% too small, due to the 3d model simply being scaled incorrectly.
-Many capital ship turrets are upside down.
[strike]-Mission 8: Corporate Holdings is notorious for bad crashes shortly after the fighting starts. I'm gonna completely rewrite the mission. It's a simple one, so it should be easy, just time-consuming.[/strike] Turns out it's not possible. See this post for a workaround that usually does the trick.
-<Fixed>-Light PBC bolt has a mass of 100 when all the other weapons have a mass of < 0.001.

Bugs I know of and can't/won't fix
-Jackson's Yard; the dialogue doesn't always start up. There's already a patch for this.

If you guys could tell me about all the bugs you know besides the ones listed, that'd be great and I'll take a crack at those too.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan, schmatzler, IronyMan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #20528 by IronyMan
Replied by IronyMan on topic IronDuke's Patch
I had noticed the issue with the destroyer collision hull. I'll definitely jump at this patch; do you have an estimated time frame for completion?

Good luck!

More
7 years 1 month ago #20529 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic IronDuke's Patch
By the end of the month. If I get lucky and get some spare time soon, maybe long before then.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan

More
7 years 1 month ago #20533 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic IronDuke's Patch
Well... In order to see whether I had rotated the heavy cruiser's turrets correctly, I made a mod that changes the Instant Action tug to a heavy cruiser. Which would explain where those stray two hours yesterday went... :blush: It was so hilarious, taking on two heavy destroyers and not receiving a single hit through the shields.

Anyway, the heavy cruiser's turrets are correctly rotated now, making it capable of putting three gatling guns on a target at any given time. Or three per target when you have one ship in each quarter, take your pick. B)

Sometime soon I'll upload the mod for changing the IA tug to a heavy cruiser so you guys can get lazy with your piloting. :P

In the meantime, I gotta fix the turrets on the Danube cruiser and the carrier now, but that should be it. Then I can rewrite that mission and I'm done. :)

--IronDuke

More
7 years 1 month ago #20534 by IronyMan
Replied by IronyMan on topic IronDuke's Patch
Aw yiss. I can't wait. I love dodging around the heavy cruisers. I tried out your AI improvement mod, but their target leading still isn't good enough to hit the Petrel.

I wish I could edit the Instant Action package to change all the enemies to capital ships...

Which ship do you typically use?

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #20536 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic IronDuke's Patch
IronDuke, there was another mission that caused a lot of issues, I think it was Wolf's Lair (or something like that). Can you fix that mission, too?

Admin Edit: Offtopic split off. (Since the forum software is garbage, the answer to this post is here .)