file IronDuke's Patch

More
6 years 11 months ago #20596 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic IronDuke's Patch
I'm so sorry it took so long. Here it is.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan, Chessking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #20597 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic IronDuke's Patch
So I am working on testing the mod. And so far, I haven't found anything different. Here is how I am testing it. I have your mod, Multimod, and Beuuty Shots in the mods folder. Beauty Shots is set to display the Carrier. I launch Beauty Shots with your mod active, and the turret on the back of the carrier is still upside down. Also, I set Beauty Shots to display the Navy Guillotine Destroyer, and launch it with your mod active, and the collisionhull is still too small. Same with the police interceptor; it still has one PBC. I must be missing something, but what is it? It could be a problem with Beauty Shots, but I can't spend more time testing that right now.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #20598 by IronDuke
Oooh, a bug to fix! :cheer:

I'll check on it immediately. B)

Edit: Right, some questions right off the bat. Seems for beauty shots, you copy a sim that you want into the sim folder of the mod. Did you copy the ones from my patch or from the original game files?
It's entirely possible that my patch ain't gonna be working with beauty shots. Have you tried it in Instant Action?

--IronDuke

P.S. :silly:

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
6 years 10 months ago #20599 by Chessking
I think you are right. Beauty shots overrides the files as well, on top of your mod. All I have to do to test the interceptor is copy the .ini from your mod into Beauty Shots. I guess I got a bit confused about how I-war works because I haven't been modding files for so long.

After putting your .ini in Beauty Shots, the patcom indeed has two PBCs. However, they are not linked. I have to hit enter to fire the other PBC. Can you explain this?

Also, I was going to mention I found another bug. Start the game and fly the ComSec. Go into external view. Strafe right, and all of the air-thrusters for both left and right will fire. Strafe left, and none of them will. The same issue is apparent with the other directions of motion.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
6 years 10 months ago #20600 by IronDuke
The fire control goofs are due to the fact that NPCs can fire any combination of weapons simultaneously so they never coded linked weapons. I never found a way to fix it.

As for the thrusters, that's just the animation, right? That's a bug I know of but forgot about; they didn't link the lateral thruster animations with the actual input values correctly. Some mod did fix it; might have been Unleashed Mod. I'll have to check at some point and see.

--IronDuke

More
6 years 10 months ago #20601 by Chessking
I downloaded the mod that replaces the command section/storm petrel with the police interceptor, and the PBCs were linked, so it is possible... at least with player ships. Your mod is not intended for player controlled vehicles. I only encountered the problem by remote controlling the other ship in Beauty Shots.

As for the thrusters, yes it is just the animation. That would be great if you could separate the fix from its host mod, so it can be applied to the default game and instant action. B)

I haven't tested everything in your patch, but I am pretty sure it all works. Good job!

Storm Petrel