Hello / Recommended Mods?

More
8 years 7 months ago #19879 by A Future Pilot
Hello everyone!

I bought I-War 1&2 on GOG a LONG time ago, and just now started playing through I-War 2. (I played some of the first one awhile back, but never finished it).

I created my own XBox 360 profile (I'll upload it later on if anyone's interested) and have installed a few mods, but I wanted to ask what mods y'all like?

Which ones are "must have", "nice-to-haves", and "only after your first playthrough"?

I currently have crosshairs, manual countermeasures, custom jafs, walkthrough/encyclopedia, free form mode, multimod, location finder, and no launch sequences.

Also after my first playthrough would y'all recommend unleashed, or torn stars, or something else? (Also vanilla torn stars, or unstable space?)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #19880 by schmatzler
Hello and welcome, pirate. :)

I think with your list of mandatory mods you're already set for a very good game experience.

Since I've never finished the game (Yeah, I know...I have to, I'm the admin :P ) I don't know about Torn Stars. But people say it's eyecandy and really damn awesome, so I guess you should give it a try when you're finished :)

I think others will step in soon and give you some more advice. ;)

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 6 months ago #19887 by AdmiralZeratul
Well, there is a mod that lets you control any ship you encounter by using REM link. I quite enjoy it, although I understand it is not exactly a legit or serious way to play. Still, there is nothing quite like wreaking havoc with a megafreighter by parking it right outside the exit of a lagrange point.

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
8 years 6 months ago #19888 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Hello / Recommended Mods?
One of my favourites, though not the most practical, was a mod that allowed you to dock and undock the comsec from the Dreadnaught Corvette and the Advanced Patcom. I can't remember the name however. I thought of bringing something like that to Unstable Space, but it was daunting.

As I recall, the original I-war had this function built in to the game.

More
8 years 6 months ago #19889 by schmatzler
I think you mean this mod:

www.i-war2.com/downloads/download/14-una.../117-comsec_multimod

I've never played I-War 1, but I always wondered why I couldn't detach the ComSec. You get to play it at the beginning and later on, you see it in various cutscenes. So even without knowledge of I-War 1, it's still strange to not being able to undock it ;)

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 6 months ago #19890 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Hello / Recommended Mods?
That's the one! I probably could have remembered the name if I had thought hard enough. It was pretty straightforward.

Looking back though some of my modding records, it seems I produced a branch of US that had working 'dockable' comsecs for the Dreadnaught Corvette, the Corvette, the Advanced Patcom and the Tug. I think it got shelved in favour of other features, as it opened up a can of worms of issues. I can't recall, but it was kind-of working. I had forgotten that I had made and abandoned it.

There was another great mod as well, the 'Repair Mod' or something like that. It made the repair of your ship much more urgent during battles. Systems that were damaged would begin to affect your flight and combat functions right away. Again, not sure of the name...