Mods not working

More
6 years 6 months ago #20644 by Bleda
Mods not working was created by Bleda
Hello,

I-war2 has been one of my all time favorites so when I see it offered on Steam I bought it.

I installed the game on win10 64 bit system with NVidia, the game is running beautifully. I also downloaded several mods but I can't get to work them. I dropped the zip files under my D/Games/Steam.../Mods folder but no result.

Any solutions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #20645 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Mods not working
Steam games have a very different file location than the CD or GOG versions. While I do not have the Steam version, I might be able to help. On the Online page, Schmatzler gives instructions for making multiplayer work on all three versions. According to that, it appears that mods would go into the following folder:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\mods"

I am not sure if this is the same folder you indicated in your post or not.

I think the f14.6 patch comes with the Steam version, but if not it would be a problem. You can check the game version by looking in the bottom-right corner of the main menu screen.

Another thing to check is to make sure the mod is activated in the mods menu in-game. Also, some mods require other mods to work, or have large file sizes which often result in corruption of the mod during download. I would recommend testing the crosshairs.zip mod that typically comes with the f14.6 patch. If this mod works, then the problem is probably mod specific.

I hope this helps you solve your problem.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
6 years 6 months ago #20646 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Mods not working
Welcome to the forums! :cheer:

As Chessking said, I-War 2 requires the mods to be in its own mod folder in the game directory. It has little to no connection with Steam.

Also, I recommend unzipping the mods when you put them in the folder, as it'll triple the loading speed. ;)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
6 years 6 months ago #20647 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Mods not working

Also, I recommend unzipping the mods when you put them in the folder, as it'll triple the loading speed. ;)

Hmm. I never knew that. Cool!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
6 years 6 months ago #20648 by Bleda
Replied by Bleda on topic Mods not working
Chessking - Ironduke,

Thanks for your help. I decided to uninstall the game from D and reinstall it to C, but in the process I realized that I made the dumbest mistake: I did not activate the mods from the Extras menu in my first attempt! So now the mods are working.

Thanks again.

More
6 years 6 months ago #20649 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Mods not working
No problem! Glad you got it to work. That mistake is one we've all made sometime. ;) Drop by again if you have any more questions. :)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)