Cant Install Independence war 2?

More
19 years 10 months ago #18074 by Jaren
Hi too all who read this..

Ive had this game for quite awhile now But not played it for along time. Since i last played it ive built a new machine runnind xp pro & now the game wont install??? This is what it says after the auto play appears & i click install (Go too control panel too insatll & configure components [:(] What the hell does that mean?

Any help welcome

Cheers

Jaren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #9955 by andrewas
Dunno. Try running the setup direct from the CD.

I seem to recall getting a similar message the last time I put IW2 on my machine, it seemed to be picking up an old installation I had coped from my old machine with the intention of copying the modstate over after installing the new one.

More
19 years 10 months ago #9962 by Second Chance

Go too control panel too insatll & configure components [:(] What the hell does that mean?

It means that XP wants you to go to the Control Panel and install the game using the Add/Remove Software button.

Try shutting down any running programs you have in the background, like virus detectors and such. Something may be confusing XP and causing that response. I run EoC on Win2K just fine, and WinXP is built on Win2K's core, so XP shouldn't have any problems by itself. I think there's a few people around here who run it on XP, maybe they can chime in and let us know if it happened to them.

If you find it continues to do this just install using the Control Panel. It shouldn't make any difference to the installation.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #9964 by Jaren
Thx for the info guys but ive already tried that & still no joy [:(]

More
19 years 10 months ago #9965 by MajorTom
I have it on XP and absolutly no problem. I didn't have any references to Control Panel at all.

I think you have to have admin rights to install it.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #9971 by Tarcoon
... and/or use the install disk.:)

!

There is no safe distance