This damn game, It crashes if I use T-Fighters

More
18 years 7 months ago #18549 by Babylon_Drifter
I have looked all over the net, I have tried all different resolutions and I have the latest drivers for both video and audio cards.

Radeon 9000 and Creative Audigy 2.

The game runs fine and never skips, stutters or anything untill I get the T fighters then it crashes at random. It is really a deal breaker for me cause I cant seem to complete any missions without the extra help.

Anybody hear of this bug? Or have a fix for it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13686 by Bozobub
a) Try running IWAR2 in compatibility mode for Win98
b) Try turning down hardware acceleration for yer graphics a notch at a time (this likely will help btw)

Note that ATI's drivers are legendary for pure crappiness..! :P

More
18 years 2 months ago #14775 by Ivil
well i have the same problem. i have SBPCI128 and Riva TNT2M64 32MB ( i know pretty old. and nothing helps. im running it under compability win98 mode on win2k. turning down hardware acceleration (in display properties) does not help. well its a bit pointless playing game with such 'handicap'. please help anyone.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14888 by GrandpaTrout
Direct X sound was pretty buggy when the game shipped. I always start by determining if this is a sound or graphics issue. To test the sound you need to edit the flux.ini file.

1. Make a backup of the flux.ini file.
2. open the file in notepad
3. find disable_sound=0
4. change it to disable_sound=1
5. save the file

Now try playing the game. Do what ever you did to cause the crash and see if it happens. If the problem seems gone, then the trouble is in the sound system. And 99% of the time that means your Codecs are giving direct X fits.