file Im New what do I DL?

More
18 years 3 months ago #18665 by Arch
Im New what do I DL? was created by Arch
What are all the things do I need to download to get these mods working? I have a patch right now with mod scenro with the crosshair mod and thats it. I havent ben playing this game for 5yrs and this is my first contact with the conmunity. What mods do I need to get?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14370 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Im New what do I DL?
You need the 14.6 patch. Which you seem to have.

Then there are two utility mods, multimod and uniGUI. The former provides hooks which other mods will use to attach to the game scripts, bypassing a design flaw on Iwar2 itself which only has hooks for one mod. The latter provides a framework for other mods to build new GUI screens around. Install them both.

After that, its your choice. If you want to make it harder, install EliteMod. If you want to be able to trade as in most freeform games, you want futuretrader. Station Assault will let you blow up stations. And it places more gunstars, making crtain missions more interesting, although one becomes impossible.

Most people will install custom jafs - you can set which freighter for him to use, which works a bit better than the modified SnRV he uses normaly.

And then theres Torn Stars. This is the long awaited Epic : Middle States mod under a new name. Its entirely standalone, give it a 14.6 installation and it will work. It does overwrite your existing Iwar2 game. Theres a thread in the TS forum on how to run a standard and TS installation of IWar2 side by side.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14377 by Arch
Replied by Arch on topic Im New what do I DL?
Thanks For the Information.