Does EOC support mutlimonitor display?

More
18 years 2 months ago #18694 by mcduke
I just purchased the game from ebay and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I just set up my system to use 3 17" monitors and want to know if there is a way to play EOC using them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14580 by cambragol
Hmm....I have no idea. Sounds very cool if it could work. Maybe your 3D card can just split the output over 3 monitors?

More
18 years 2 months ago #14582 by GrandpaTrout
Over in the Atari forum someone setup EoC to run on a widescreen monitor and it worked just fine. The trick is to edit the flux.ini file values for "width" and "height" manually. This is assuming your video card can treat your 3 monitors as one very (very) wide monitor. Which would be totally cool. Wrap around cockpit!

More
18 years 2 months ago #14584 by cambragol
Whoaa...that means I might be able to do the same on my setup! I think you could also play around with the camera perspective and field of view in the flux file. That is, if stretching out the height and width values made things look weird.

I am mulling over getting that new 30 inch Dell monitor....either that or a nice lcd projector..either of which might be even better than 3 monitors.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14586 by GrandpaTrout
No perspective distortion. It just uses the wider field of view in the render. Thread is www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... ost7424466

More
18 years 2 months ago #14589 by mcduke
Well, my setup is an Athlon xp 2600 with a geforce 6800 agp(haven't oc it yet)which has dual monitor ability. Then I'm getting a geforce fx 5500 PCI card for the third monitor. The geforce drivers make it easy to set up the monitors for clone view, or using span view in horizontal or vertical. The span view is where the monitors are set up as one big picture (however, the program must support this feature). Unfortunately only a few games support this feature. I was hoping that IW2 would, that would be an awesome gaming experience..
I was using a radeon 9800 pro (an older but still awsome card) but the multimonitor drivers aren't as good as the setup for the geforce cards). That may have changed for the new ATI cards though. But, I'm estatic about my new geforce 6800 card.
Hey Grandpatrout, just checked out the atari forum and that wide screen monitor sure is cool. I already have the three 17" monitors though. I'm an old guy (I turn 50 this year, but I'm a kid at heart-my wife will vouch for that lol) and I've been working on computers for about 15 years now as a hobby ( I built my gaming system,and I'm just a hack with no formal traning)but I've been helping family and friends and co-workers with their systems when I can and have picked up alot of spare parts over the years.
I came up with the idea of using three monitors originally while trying out the game NeverWinter Nights (a dungeons & Dragons game that allows you to actually Dungeon Master a computer game you can run for your friends online). Trying to run the game as dm and keeping track of the players isn't that easy and having more screen to view it on would have been helpful, but so far I haven't been able to get it to work. Neverwinter nights doesn't support multimonitor use ( I think it has something to do with using Open GL). Guess I'll have to do some research and trial and error. If anyone can give me any guidence ir would be much appreciated.
Does IW2 use direct x or open gl? Cya and thanks