crash to desktop only at version 14.6

More
17 years 11 months ago #15204 by Cibo
@shane:
I installed/started the under different premises, including with or without an older savegame. No effect to the crash.

The last few lines from the flux.log:
IMOD: [unknown] Scanning for mods in "./mods"...
IMOD: [unknown] Found mod file "crosshair"
IMOD: [unknown] Mod display_name = "Cross-hair"
IMOD: [unknown] No scenario package available

@GrandpaTrout,SoupDragon:

I deleted the folder you mentioned but with no effect to game...still crash during loadingtime.

Thanks for your reply!!!

Cibo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #15205 by MajorTom
Cibo, I know the issues with the German Windows and EOC very well since I used to live in Germany and still have one PC with a German XP O/S.

Make absolutely sure you did delete the planets folder as above in the resource folder in your game directory (not the one in the zipped resource folder). If you don't the game will definately not run on a German O/S in version 14.6. That is the only known bug that is specific to the German version. So, if it still doesn't run then it is something specific to your system and not a problem with the language version.

However, you can check your Task manager (hit Ctrl/Alt/Delete simultanously once) If there are any instances of the process "loader.exe" terminate them all and then restart EOC.

Make sure you have the play disk in the drive and not the install disk ;)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
17 years 10 months ago #15245 by Cibo
Sorry for being so late.

Some days befor reinstalled winXP clean and changed the videocard ATI-->Nvidia. First tried out start EoC 14.6. The same problem occured. Then I deleted the folder images\planets as I did before this new installation of winxp.....and.....it works (also the old save games)!!!

So, after almost a year I can finish this very exellent game.

!!!Thanks for the fast replies and constructive help especially SoupDragon and MajorTom!!!