has anybody?

More
17 years 8 months ago #18847 by moondog
has anybody? was created by moondog
I just dug out my old copy of independence war and tried to play it, it did'ent work of course but I did get to watch the little into move for the game. But I was woundering if anybody had managed to get it working?

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15430 by VirtualCLD
Replied by VirtualCLD on topic has anybody?
I remember playing it on this computer that I use to browse the web, a PIII 1 GHz Laptop with a nVidia GeForce 2 Go card. Never tried it on my Athlon 64 3200+ with a nVidia GeForce 7800 computer (the one I play I-War 2 on), though I wouldn't think there would be any problem, then again, I could be wrong. I do know for certain that I played it on Windows XP Pro, so I know there shouldn't be a compatability issue with that alone, however I may have had to run it using Win 95 or 98 compatability. Also, it was very buggy when I last ran it, so be careful. I had to do some wierd and interesting stuff.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15440 by moondog
Replied by moondog on topic has anybody?
couldent get it to run... xp would come up with the error msg and close the game, it was probably something to do with the video card and drivers though, i'm running a 9800pro in this machine and since there are no more voodoo cards or drivers out there I had to use the software rendering version, and the intro was very pixalated and not very sharp, but it was still cool.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15441 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic has anybody?
You need to use a 'glide wrapper'. There was a lot of discussion of this whole issue over on the Atari Independence war forums. Just head there and search for glide wrapper and you should find all the info you need