Game is moving tooo fast..

More
17 years 7 months ago #18855 by Oddy
I have a problem..
i purchased a new computer not long ago... with pretty god specs.. and i never played IC2 EOC with high grafikks... i install the game and played it like i did before....and putting every thing of grafiks on max.. like thge pirat i am sitting around L-points wanting for Solan cargo ship to come trought. but (here is the case).. when i have lots of cargo pods .. ca 36- 48 cargo pods .. on the screen maybe a ship or two.. the game starts to "move" faster a small move on joystick and the ship move dobbel as fast as normal.. shoting go dobbel as fast.. everything goes fast.. i have never complited the game with out godmode... meining the console is on so some thing is standing down on the left side.. and up on the right side it stands how many frames per sec there is .. then things begins to go fast it goes bananas and is going up and down i seconds from 30-40 to 120-130 fps don't know what to do .. help anyone.. sorry for bad english..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #15467 by cambragol
I am having the same problem since I installed my new ATI card. Not sure how to solve it either...I am going to try different driver releases and see how that goes.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16598 by Xfacter
Replied by Xfacter on topic Game is moving tooo fast..
I know this is an old topic, but just in case anyone is having trouble...

You most likely have a dual-core processor and are running the game on both cores, which the game is not made to do. If that is the case, after starting the game open the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), find the process (loader.exe, right click the IW2 task and click "Go to process"), right click and select "Set Affinity," then change it to only use one core. Then right click the task and choose "Bring to front" (the normal method doesn't work for me). It may take a few tries to bring the game back up. You will have to do this every time you start the game. Oh, and if you don't have a dual core processor, I don't know what to tell you.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16617 by Odomus
Replied by Odomus on topic Game is moving tooo fast..
Actually it isnt based upon the DC proc at all.

Only reason why I know this is because I have a AMD XP 2800+ and a Athalon 64X2 6400+, both the same exact setup and videocard, and soundcards and actually the same HD and everything. Only diff is RAM and Processor and MB. And they both did the same thing everything sped up and went from about 30 to about 150+ fps.

All i did was fool around with the internal videocard settings of the game. My final setting to get non sped up graphics was 1024x768 32... that was perfect for me. Any lower and the video card would speed up to beyong god like and I couldnt even get 1 mission done.
This is based on my Video card of ATI 128meg Raedon 9550.
Hope this also clears something up.

IM me I get bored really quick!

IM me I get bored really quick!

More
15 years 2 months ago #16844 by BlasterMaster555
It helps to set affinity to one processor, and it also helps to LOCK THE CLOCK SPEED of the processor. Modern CPUs can throttle their clock speed, and whatever clock speed EoC detects on startup that is where its timer will be based upon. Lock the clock and that won't happen.

All power to the engines!!!

All power to the engines!!!

More
15 years 1 day ago #16867 by bezredahl
Also a point to make note of here: Everyone having this problem is running an ATI video card. I NEVER buy or use ATI video cards, even if they are given to me free of charge. I ALWAYS use NVidia video cards.

ATI always seems to have some strange problems, produce artifacts and other compatability issues.
Sorry if I just offended any die-hard ATI users, but 99% of the time when people are having video issuesAND the card itself is not defective, they are using ATI. I've run this game on an intel quadcore using 2 NVidia 9800GX2 in full quad SLI and I never had that problem. But I also never used god mode. I just modded the hell out of the tug, patcom and heavy corvette. Comsec light pbc hard point is now a heavy internal. The HC has 5 internal heavies, 4 heavy externals, 4 pylons (only 2 of which can support t-fighters and the extra pylon missile mounts can't be customized, so must be sure to install weapons that allow missiles on the second set of pylons,) 4 medium internal mounts, 4 assault LDA, 2 navy aggressors, 2 point defence turrets, 4 dock on turrets and 4 countermeasure hardpoints. I also modded the wide arc PBC to be an endless supply of antimatter missiles as seekers, not remote and the cryo PBC to be an endless supply antimatter mines that are a combo of proximity and seeking. Pretty damn cool to watch those go off. They also do full disruption on anything they don't manage to kill. So, you can see why I don't need god mode. LOL. BTW, I finished the game twice before doing any mods

FYI - getting ready to buy a new system using the new I7 extreme, 8GB RAM and 2 NVidia 295GTX in full Quad SLI. I will be installing the 64bit version of vista. Hope this game runs on the 64bit vista. Runs fine on the 32bit vista. It may be an old game, but it's fun as hell. I think it failed to get enough sales because of marketing. I had to play the game for 6 months with a pirated copy. By the time I found a copy in a store, it was on the discount shelf for $9.99. I bought it, but I would have paid full price for it, even then. So sad. I would really like to see an I-War 3, but I think that is just a pipe dream. I've played I-war 1 and 2, liked 2 better, but 1 was fun, too.

Wow, Sorry. I really tend to ramble on.........